Excursion question for St. Maarten

Excursion question for St. Maarten. We are in the process of booking excursions for a May 1 sailing out of San Juan.

While in St. Maarten, we want to do the 2.5hr sailing America's Cup Regatta but also want to see the Maho Bay beach and landing airplanes.

For those with knowledge - would it be possible (time wise) to do the Regatta AND afterwards hire a taxi to take us to the Beach area (30 minutes away) and be back to the ship on time?

Excursion question for St. Maarten. We are in the process of booking excursions for a May 1 sailing out of San Juan.

While in St. Maarten, we want to do the 2.5hr sailing America's Cup Regatta but also want to see the Maho Bay beach and landing airplanes.

For those with knowledge - would it be possible (time wise) to do the Regatta AND afterwards hire a taxi to take us to the Beach area (30 minutes away) and be back to the ship on time?

What are your port times? What time is your excursion finished at. The issue with leaving Maho in the afternoon is that traffic can be very heavy and you need to leave a lot Maho a lot earlier than 30 minutes before all aboard time.

Best as I can tell, the excursion starts at 1015am and lasts for 2.5 hrs. I'm sure there is some travel time involved here as well.

The excursion leaves from Bobbys marina which is a ten minute walk or so from the port.

You shouldn't have trouble getting a taxi from there to Maho. Best case scenerio you get to Maho at 1:15. If you need to be back by 4:30 you still would have a hour or so to enjoy Maho. It shouldn't cost more than $40 total in taxi fare so if it's something that you want to do it's doable. Some folks will tell you that you could leave at 3:30 but I wouldn't stay past 2:30 so I couldn't recommend leaving after that.

Checking the flight schedule the week before for your date will give you an idea of what planes will be landing during your stay.

The excursion leaves from Bobbys marina which is a ten minute walk or so from the port.

You shouldn't have trouble getting a taxi from there to Maho. Best case scenerio you get to Maho at 1:15. If you need to be back by 4:30 you still would have a hour or so to enjoy Maho. It shouldn't cost more than $40 total in taxi fare so if it's something that you want to do it's doable. Some folks will tell you that you could leave at 3:30 but I wouldn't stay past 2:30 so I couldn't recommend leaving after that.

Checking the flight schedule the week before for your date will give you an idea of what planes will be landing during your stay.

Thank you.

Great information. Do you have the link of the flight schedule?

Does anyone have any experience of traffic levels with 5 ships docked if trying to transport from maho. Happy to leave plenty of time but trying to gauge a realistic expectation.

Thanks in advance.

Maho Beach is great. We were there for about an hour and several planes came in, including one of the big ones. Our boat was the only one in port and it still took several minutes once we got close to get to where our driver could let us out. We have already said next trip to St. Maarten we will be heading to Maho Beach for the day. Enjoy your day!