New Florida resident - Last minute solo deals?

richs52

Recently relocated from NY to Orlando. Always been curious about last minute deals for Florida residents. Been cruising solo for a while,and now have the luxury of cruising with a week or two notice. Just not sure how good of a deal I can get for last minute down here.

Looking at September and October of this year. Cruise line, ship and ports are not as important as price for this trip. Can leave from any Florida port. If I were to book right now, the lowest I can find is $852 on the Divina.

Anyone with past experience in this? What kind of deals have you had as a solo, Florida resident on last minute cruises?

Thank you.

Richard

I have not seen much in the way of deals for the last few months, in Dec.2015 I was able to book the Carnival Destiny (Miami port) the week before it sailed for 6 days for $450 for an inside cabin.

Later in March.2016 I just missed out on another one week cruise with Carnival (Fort Lauderdale port) for less than $500 and ended up booking the Epic (Miami port) for 7 days, the inside cabin cost me I believe $540.

Then later I was on the Carnival Dream for 21 days, that trip cost me $1800 and damn it I could have gotten it cheaper if I had booked it the week before.

So there have been some bargains out there, but like I said - lately for the last few months I have not seen any Florida bargains. Hopefully some will start to show up soon.

Recently relocated from NY to Orlando. Always been curious about last minute deals for Florida residents. Been cruising solo for a while,and now have the luxury of cruising with a week or two notice. Just not sure how good of a deal I can get for last minute down here.

Looking at September and October of this year. Cruise line, ship and ports are not as important as price for this trip. Can leave from any Florida port. If I were to book right now, the lowest I can find is $852 on the Divina.

Anyone with past experience in this? What kind of deals have you had as a solo, Florida resident on last minute cruises?

Thank you.

Richard

I'm not sure it's so much that the Florida resident rates are good, just that you can book a last-minute cruise without having to worry about inflated last-minute plane ticket prices! And there are some excellent last-minute deals but as Earl said, really in the last couple weeks before sailing...so you're early to be looking for last-minute deals for September/October...those are good months to take a Caribbean cruise though as school is in session and it's still hurricane season so lots of empty cabins at the last minute sometimes.

Thanks for the replies folks. It's exactly the kind of info I wanted. Over the years, I've tried to stay at the $100 a night threshold, but as a solo that not easy to do. Good to hear there is a possibility of pricing that is lower. I have no problem with an inside cabin so I'll take what I can get.

I always travel solo and have found a website called cruise plum to be very helpful in locating great solo deals. A year ago this month, I was able to do the 3 day Enchantment out of Port Canaveral for $298 by purchasing 24 hours before the ship left. Now that I'm retired, I check out Royal Caribbean's Going Going Gone deals (In October, Freedom out of PC cost $790 for a 7 day) and even go into RCCL's website once a day to see what's available super cheap in the next 48 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I find that if you're able to book a cruise at the last minute, you can do pretty good, but you have to constantly search the sites. Example: I just got off the Norwegian Spirit less than two weeks ago, 7 days/Inside cabin, deck 8/taxes & fees, along with the ultimate beverage package included ( I had to pay the gratuity on that), total $770.00 Another one two months ago, out of Tampa, on the "Star", 7 days western, NO beverage pkg, but with taxes/fees under $500. Deals are out there, but you have to spend some time "digging".

• 3 weeks later...