Marriott Copley Place?

nomad098

We are flying in to Boston late on a Wednesday 8pm in August and will be

sailing out on the Friday on the NCL Dawn

We are 2 adults and 3 kids

We found this hotel, Marriott Copley Place at what seems to be a fantastic rate

$787 including taxes fees for 2 nights in a concierge level 2 double bedded

room, we understand that the 5th bed will be a roll-away.

I guess my questions are

1) Is there a problem with this hotel as it appears to be about

$500-$700 cheaper than similar grades of hotels in the area

2) What would be the best way to get to the Black Bay area

Thanks

Damon

This is an excellent choice with kids. There aren't a lot of Boston hotels that will accommodate 5 people. It has a pool. The concierge floor will give you snacks. The hotel is on one end of Copley Place and is connected by a skywalk to the Prudential Center, so lots of choices for eating and browsing, particularly if the weather is bad.

Logan Express might be done by spring as Government Center Blue line/green line station reopens in March. The Logan Express Back Bay bus was added to account for the loss of this important transfer station.

Thanks for the information

I think we will plan on taxi transfers whether that would be 2 regular taxis or a private transfer we have not decided yet.

I've still got to make a decision on which company to use in New York next month LOL:eek:

Subway (MBTA) will be simple. Shuttle bus from terminal to Blue Line, Blue line to Government Center, upstairs to any westbound Green Line train to Copley station.

$2.65/person.

That's a good option, but could be a PITA with luggage. A more accessible moderate option is the free Silver Line to South Station and a cab to Back Bay. This cuts out the Logan Access fee for cabs plus the tunnel toll. Probably in the $20 range tops.

The Marriott Copley Place is a solid business-class hotel, in an excellent location. We stayed there a few years ago, and they were in the midst of a complete renovation (lobby and public areas had been done, the rooms were gradually being done but I would think they'd be finished by now). At the time the concierge lounge was tiny, so for breakfast we were sent down to the restaurant buffet (we weren't on the concierge level but I'm Gold Elite with Marriott so have access to the lounge). Not sure if this has changed... I do remember some fairly nice munchies in the evening, and of course bottled water and other beverages you can take back to your room. And being on the concierge level you're quite high up, so gorgeous views over the city.

We ended up taking a taxi from the airport that trip, and it cost around $20-25 at the tail end of the morning rush hour.

That's a good option, but could be a PITA with luggage. A more accessible moderate option is the free Silver Line to South Station and a cab to Back Bay. This cuts out the Logan Access fee for cabs plus the tunnel toll. Probably in the $20 range tops.

Thank you for the information

With a long haul flight, 3 kids, luggage and a wife who loves holidays to be stress free and easy :eek:

I think I might push the boat out and opt for either a car service or 2 taxis straight to the hotel. :D

The Marriott Copley Place is a solid business-class hotel, in an excellent location.

We ended up taking a taxi from the airport that trip, and it cost around $20-25 at the tail end of the morning rush hour.

Thank you

It's great to get positive feed back from some one who has stayed there.

Damon

That hotel should work out fine for you.

Boston is a costly city and you got a good price for what you require.

Have the doorman or concierge arrange a transfer van in advance so you can all go to the dock in one vehicle. It likely won't cost more than two taxis.

That hotel should work out fine for you.

Boston is a costly city and you got a good price for what you require.

Have the doorman or concierge arrange a transfer van in advance so you can all go to the dock in one vehicle. It likely won't cost more than two taxis.

Are there taxis for five or would that be a car service?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their wonderful and

informative advice :)

Damon