Day pass MIA or FLL while waiting for flight.

KyleClark

Arriving 8am from cruise ship on a Sunday. Flight is 5:41pm out of FLL. What to do to kill time? Any day pass experiences? Where do I put our luggage?

Thanks...

A hotel day pass? Or an airline lounge day pass?

Why not ditch the luggage with Bags To Go and head out to brunch or jump on the water taxi.

Check to see if your airline participates in the luggage valet program. Google your ship and luggage valet and see if you can do this. It is $20 pp but we couldn't use it because our flight leaves at 9:30 p.m. and Southwest doesn't accept past 6:00 p.m. flights. So, we had to change plans. We rented a day room at Rodeway inn in Fort Lauderdale and plan to hop on and off the water taxi for most of the day. Go back to Rodeway for a rest before taking the shuttle to the airport. Hope this helps. BTW I only planned originally to buy it for one person because we only have 2 pieces of luggage and we have early bird so check in will be done for us.

http://www.between9and5.com is one source for hotels offering day rooms/passes. Availability varies with demand, and right now demand is high so your options will be limited. :(

You could always rent a car for the day, put your bags in the trunk, and then go where you want - beach, lunch, drinks, shopping, etc.

The Savoy Hotel on South Beach offers day passes. My DD and I did this the last time we cruises out of Miami and had a late flight that day out of FLL. I think the price was $25 a person and included the use of the pool, towels and beach access. They have a bar next to the pool to order food and drinks.

We also rented a car from Hertz. It was less than $40 with a pickup at the port and drop off at FLL airport.

It would be toss up as to whether we would do that again or hang out on the ship as long as possible and then head to Sawgrass Mills for shopping and a movie to kill some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk