nervous question regarding the Reciprocity fee to Argentina

Camelia-

I've managed to print it for myself just fine (as well as the proof of payment which was sent to my email).

My friend wanted to pay with a separate credit card so I created a separate account for her. The problem is that I had an error in the email which I didn't notice till I finished the transaction so she was never emailed the proof of payment (though luckily I was able to print the actual receipt). Is that going to be a problem? Do they just accept the receipt or do they ask for proof of payment too? I've tried to go back into the account to see if I could correct the email and resend it but there is no option that I can see...help!!!!

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me..has this happened to anyone else? I've also posted this on my roll call but just in case someone who isn't on that forum has any info..here it is. I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Camelia

the receipt itself and not the proof of payment which you received in a separate email? I have both for myself which I will keep but my friend only has the receipt with her information but not the proof of payment and I'm concerned that she will have problems at some point!

Thanks for your response!

I've managed to print it for myself just fine (as well as the proof of payment which was sent to my email).

My friend wanted to pay with a separate credit card so I created a separate account for her. The problem is that I had an error in the email which I didn't notice till I finished the transaction so she was never emailed the proof of payment (though luckily I was able to print the actual receipt). Is that going to be a problem? Do they just accept the receipt or do they ask for proof of payment too? I've tried to go back into the account to see if I could correct the email and resend it but there is no option that I can see...help!!!!

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me..has this happened to anyone else? I've also posted this on my roll call but just in case someone who isn't on that forum has any info..here it is. I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Camelia

Does your receipt show a barcode at the bottom of the form? That's the one that will be scanned by the immigration authorities.

and that's what will be scanned? I also received in the mail the proof of payment but that has no bar code..only proving that it was paid. That's the one my friend is missing..if we don't need that then all is good. We both have the receipt with the bar code.

Thanks a million!

Camelia

I just checked our reciprocity fee paperwork which we used last February. It is titled " Tasa de Reciprocidad/Reciprocity Fee," and has a bar code which indeed was scanned by the immigration officials at the BA airport. It also indicates that the fee was paid by a credit card, has an authorization code, and also a partial credit card number.

this is the form I have - and if you were not asked for any other documentation (other than passport naturally) than everything should be good. I'm getting quite excited!!

Thanks again for taking the trouble to look through your papers!

Camelia

On our entry into Argentina last month, the guy didn't even look at the reciprocity paper I handed him - he just scanned our passports. We didn't have to fill out a landing card on Jan 1st - our friends, who arrived on Dec 31st did - apparently they did away with them for 2016.

However - our airline AND Norwegian both looked very carefully at the reciprocity fee receipt/bar code thing.

I read somewhere on Flyertalk that a gentleman was not allowed on the plane to Argentina because he had no reciprocity fee paperwork. The airline told him he couldn't get on because he couldn't get off in Argentina without it.

I read somewhere on Flyertalk that a gentleman was not allowed on the plane to Argentina because he had no reciprocity fee paperwork. The airline told him he couldn't get on because he couldn't get off in Argentina without it.

This doesn't make sense. You can file/buy the Reciprocity paperwork at the airport.

This doesn't make sense. You can file/buy the Reciprocity paperwork at the airport.

Hummmm-- why doesn't this make sense? We don't know if the gentleman wasn't provided instructions/directions as to where to purchase the paperwork.

Last February American Airlines boarding staff were asking to actually see the reciprocity fee paperwork before boarding for all passengers who needed to purchase it. They were not taking your word that you had it. We were also reminded not to throw it away as we still needed it. If someone had tried to board at last minute and didn't have the needed paperwork I doubt the plane would have delayed departure for them.

Reciprocity fee must be paid before entering Argentina. If you're staying less than 12 hrs in the airport, you do not have to pay the fee. But if you are staying more than 12 hrs, you do have to pay. Also you have to pay if you are boarding a cruise ship in Argentina.