Speedy's Ferry Trip to Virgin Gorda

slanik

Please let me know if my assumptions about using Speedy's to get to the Baths is accurate. From what I've read here this is what I've gathered. We are arriving in Tortola on Sunday Feb 14th on the Celebrity Summit at 8 am. We plan on taking the "Special" trip offered by Speedy's. I'm assuming that we can purchase the special on that day without any reservations. The special includes Ferry to Virgin Gorda, taxi to the Baths area, lunch at the Bath & Turtle, return taxi to Ferry and Ferry back to Tortola.

Is this correct? We are scheduled to leave Tortola at 5:30 pm. Will we be able to get back in time? Any insight would be appreciated.

Edited by slanik

You are correct - no reservations required, just buy your passes when you get there.

With 9 hrs in port we would compare the Smith's and Speedy's ferry schedules to see if we could get even more time on Virgin Gorda (you can often buy a one-way to VG with one and a now-way back with the other for an extra $10 and get a couple more hours there.

But yes, you are good if buying the package.

I just called the company and asked the same question. He said that we just purchase it when we get there. The savings of this versus booking through the cruise line for our family of four is quite a big difference. We are going at the end of March... I hope this special is still available because it looks perfect! Do you think leaving SpanishTown (the Baths) at 3:30 gives us plenty of time to be back at our ship by 5:00?

I just called the company and asked the same question. He said that we just purchase it when we get there. The savings of this versus booking through the cruise line for our family of four is quite a big difference. We are going at the end of March... I hope this special is still available because it looks perfect! Do you think leaving SpanishTown (the Baths) at 3:30 gives us plenty of time to be back at our ship by 5:00?

Yes these pakages are offered all the time so they should be available. And yes, taking the 3:30 ferry back will get you back to Tortola around 4 and you'll easily be back at the ship by 4:30.

Having said that, I would be sure to be in the ferry line early as everyone else will have the same idea. They will have multiple ferries on a busy day to get everyone back, but it would be a good idea to get there early. You can walk from SPanishtown to the ferry, consider leaving around 3 if it's a busy day. ;)