Luggage - Princess Landtour question

Pushka

And maybe other cruise groups too. :p

I am trying to minimise luggage - coming from Australia there is a limit on bags we can bring.

I plan on letting both large luggage items go straight to the ship. I would like to eliminate the 'meet me tonight' bag that goes on the 'truck' each time.

Just how large can the carry bag be? Would a normal backpack (not one of those huge trekker ones) work? Is the worst that can happen if doesn't fit under the seat is that it will be on our lap? We are on the 10 bus from Denali to Copper River as well but other stops seem around 3-4 hours long.

Thanks for any tips. :p

I wouldn't worry much about size. Everyday we went, they driver loaded carry on luggage into the bottom compartment on the bus. On the train, even though they say that it must fit under the seat, people were checking luggage at the station. We only carried with us what we wanted to use during the day and everything else was taken care of until we got to the hotel.

I wouldn't worry much about size. Everyday we went, they driver loaded carry on luggage into the bottom compartment on the bus. On the train, even though they say that it must fit under the seat, people were checking luggage at the station. We only carried with us what we wanted to use during the day and everything else was taken care of until we got to the hotel.

Thankyou for that. Sounds like it is possible then. Just think its easier to put everything into one small bag than worrying about getting it out early.

On Princess.com, it says that the carry on bag for the land tour portion must be 17x14x4 or smaller.

That's about what will fit overhead on the bus, or under the train seat. They'll still throw a bag in the luggage compartment though. You just won't be getting at it during the day. My normal carry on went underneath and the backpack went with me.