Store near Port of NEw York?

ERNLYN

We will be flying into Laguardia and going to the port to broad the Sunshine in October.

We would like to purchase diet orange soda either en-route to or at the port of New York to carry on-board the day we depart. Your info would be greatly appreciated.

How are you traveling from LGA to the Cruiseport?

If you take public transit the last couple blocks are on foot and you'll pass by many options. If you take a taxi you can ask them to stop somewhere convenient.

Check out a good map of the area near the cruise terminal (google maps, for instance) and zoom in, you'll see the names of all the shopping options.

Sorry, yes directly from airport to cruise port. the port is located at New York Manhattan Cruise Terminal, Pier 88/90/92711 12th Avenue at 55th Street. New York City, New York 10019.

How are you transferring from the airport? Are you willing to walk to/from the cruise ship?

There's a Duane Reade at 9th and 49th as example. Small delis/ bodega's probably wouldn't have a consistent stock of your sold type.

Thanks Nitemare, and Budget Queen for you assist. We will be transferring from LaGuardia to the port most likely with luggage by taxi. Its my understanding its a 15 minute drive normally so it may be too far to walk. good idea, I will check Google and other maps.

Thanks Nitemare, and Budget Queen for you assist. We will be transferring from LaGuardia to the port most likely with luggage by taxi. Its my understanding its a 15 minute drive normally so it may be too far to walk. good idea, I will check Google and other maps.

What is a 15 minute drive? The walk from the pier to the location I post above, would be 15 minutes each way. So, doable for anyone with no mobility limitations.

There is not much around the port. You cannot walk from LGA to the port. It's at least a 1/2 hour drive. Well I suppose you could could walk but I wouldn't.

Your best bet will be to tell the driver to take you to a bodega on the way to make your purchase. Just let the meter run.

You cannot walk from LGA to the port. It's at least a 1/2 hour drive. Well I suppose you could could walk but I wouldn't.

I'll say! :D I'm a dedicated walker, and not averse to a gentle amble of eight or ten miles in the English countryside. Indeed, I used to think nothing of walking from Midtown Manhattan to Lower Manhattan. But the highways around LaGuardia ain't the sort of roads I'd want to be walking on! :eek: Especially hauling luggage for a cruise. ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/LaGuardia+Airport,+New+York+11371,+United+States/40.7656981,-73.9980342/@40.764843,-73.9688064,13z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25f8983424db5:0x772fc4660e9666b3!2m2!1d-73.8739659!2d40.7769271!1m0!3e2

(On the other hand, the composer Percy Grainger thought nothing of walking from his home in White Plains to Carnegie Hall to give a concert; then, after the concert, he'd walk back home--a round trip of about 45 miles. Admittedly, he was a bit of an eccentric.)

Thanks to all who replies.....I think we will taxi from Laguardia to the cruise port. On the way I will ask the driver to stop en-route at one of the two "Trade Fares" on the way

to purchase a couple 12 packs of my favorite soda "Sunkist" diet orange. IAM ADDICTED TO THE STUFF....!

I never heard of them either. And usually the cab drivers hop right onto the parkway from LaG going into Manhattan.

https://www.tradefairny.com/

Full name Trade Fair Supermarkets. Full Service Supermarket with a Giant Selection of Foods and Products. Heavy international and organic.

None near me, I don't shop or endorse.

I never heard of them either. And usually the cab drivers hop right onto the parkway from LaG going into Manhattan.

I'm hoping the driver will side track about 3 blocks and let the meter run while I run in and purchase a couple 12 packs asap.

Just a word of caution - have printed map / info & maybe directions to your TF location for the yellow taxi driver to avoid getting lost - 99-10 Astoria Blvd. location in East Elmhurst is what I would use, closest to LGA but away from the city by an extra 5 minutes - easier to get to and for driver to idle & wait, fare meters running (and, it can get expensive if the checkout lines are long inside the store)

Some of the stores closer to LIC heading toward Manhattan & MCT are in the hearts of local - residential neighborhoods = street traffic, lights & stop signs = $$ higher fares. Driver might not mind since you are on a long "scenic" ride, whether it's then bumper-to-bumper to the 59th Street a/k/a Ed Koch Bridge (without tolls) or back onto the BQE to RFK Bridge (toll) or Queens Midtown Tunnel to the West Side for the pier.

You might be better off booking Dial7 or Camel car service with a flat rate to your cruise terminal, plus let them know about making a stop & pay the surcharge for stopping to get your provisions.

Edited by mking8288

You might be better off booking Dial7 or Camel car service with a flat rate to your cruise terminal, plus let them know about making a stop & pay the surcharge for stopping to get your provisions.

Caution, when using "black car" livery service like Dial7 any additional stops will incur fees.

Sharing a ride with my brother, hopped out at a red light to catch a subway entrance he was charged for an "extra stop". Make sure to schedule the stop and the wait time when making a a reservation.