Must do in St. Kitts

KimmieTN

Brimstone Fortress has amazing views and history, but the main way to get there is with a bus tour. We used Thenford Grey, who you'll see mentioned several times on this forum. We saw a bit of downtown Basseterre, Romney Manor, Brimstone, Timothy Hill (gorgeous views!!) and then went to a beach for about an hour.

I'm not sure what you could do without a bus tour or excursion. You could take a taxi to the Marriott resort or Carambola to sit on the beach, but they're not really "must dos" since you can do that on any island. Things that are unique to St. Kitts you would need a driver for.

Brimstone Fortress has amazing views and history, but the main way to get there is with a bus tour. We used Thenford Grey, who you'll see mentioned several times on this forum. We saw a bit of downtown Basseterre, Romney Manor, Brimstone, Timothy Hill (gorgeous views!!) and then went to a beach for about an hour.

I'm not sure what you could do without a bus tour or excursion. You could take a taxi to the Marriott resort or Carambola to sit on the beach, but they're not really "must dos" since you can do that on any island. Things that are unique to St. Kitts you would need a driver for.

We took this tour and really enjoyed it. Get to see the things unique to St. Kitts. Why " just go to a beach " ???:)

First time visiting St. Kitts - is there anything that we should put on our must do list? We really don't much care for bus tours, etc.

Not too sure what you have in mind to do, but there is plenty to do in St Kitts,

I've done an island tour in a small size sedan, our latest trip we did a food tour and another time went to Nevis for the day.

Have a look at the previous posts and read up on the island, I'm sure something will interest you.

• 1 month later...

The first time we visited the island, we took the train excursion through the ship. It was excellent...beautiful scenery, a look at how a lot of the islanders live, and great information about the sugar plantation industry in its day. Highly recommend. This last time we did Greys Tours. It Included many lot of the "must sees" and Mr. Grey was delightful and well educated. We were on a small van and were very comfortable. I would do either again.

We were on one of the first train tours and loved it. I stayed down in the AC and he was on the open air deck on top having a ball. Some find this tour a bit too sedate but we enjoyed getting a good understanding of the island. Mr. Grey has proven to be a good tour option for us as well.

• 2 weeks later...
The first time we visited the island, we took the train excursion through the ship. It was excellent...beautiful scenery, a look at how a lot of the islanders live, and great information about the sugar plantation industry in its day. Highly recommend. This last time we did Greys Tours. It Included many lot of the "must sees" and Mr. Grey was delightful and well educated. We were on a small van and were very comfortable. I would do either again.

Is there a web page for Grey Tours or could you please provide contact info? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree. We were just there last week and booked the Grand Tour of St Kitts with Thenford Grey based upon all of the wonderful comments on Cruise Critic. Well worth it! We were also lucky enough to have Thenford as our tour guide. He is a wealth of knowledge about the history of St Kitts and Neevis. The Brimstone Fortress was amazing. Getting that bus through all of those stone archways was a nail biter! My favorite stop was Romney Manor because of the Batik store there. I'm a quilter. I wish we could have spent more time on the beach at the end of our tour, but he leaves that decision up to the group on the tour to vote on.

It should not be a problem. I see taxis waiting there often for fares when we are there. They can call for one if there are not any there or you can walk down to Carambola Beach Club to get one. The fare is about $16 each way from the port area.

We have done the island tour with Javin..Fantastic! He posts pics on shutterfly of your stops. A good mix of out of the way areas. Hike some in rainforest, Snorkel, see black volcanic 5ocks and lookout point. Also have taken the catamaran from St Kitts to Nevis. ****ten bay snorkel, picnic lunch on nevis and open bar. I would highly recommend both

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if someone who has been to St. Kitts could tell me if they think it's a good idea just to get off the ship and find a taxi? I was thinking to just do an island tour this way. That way we can get where we want on our own time frame. Wasn't sure is taxis just take you from point a to point b or if they will do an island tour for us not prebooked? Do you think it's safe and a good idea?

Thank you

We were there at the end of July. We took a taxi to theShipwreck Bar and Grill at South Friar's Beach. We spent a beautiful day relaxing and swimming. There were families there enjoying the water. The have a paddle board stand up tour there as well which I highly recommend. Book directly and save 50% from the cruise ship price. I would also recommend walking down the beach to Discovery Beach Bar and Grill. Very family friendly and food is amazing. You will love the owner, Morsi. He rents beach chairs as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by LuluintheFL