Best Washington hop on hop off tour

judymag

If the weather is nice, I like the Big Bus because I can sit on the upper deck with good views for pictures.

There's that "if" factor...:)

Also, I don't know when the OP is traveling, but it's worth pointing out that the summer months in DC are typically disgustingly hot and humid.

There's that "if" factor...:)

Also, I don't know when the OP is traveling, but it's worth pointing out that the summer months in DC are typically disgustingly hot and humid.

I'm traveling at the end of May

I'm traveling at the end of May

Can you specify "end of May"? I'm concerned you might be in town over Memorial Day weekend, which is a tourist zoo!

It can be pretty hot and muggy even then, but typically not as bad as July and August. I see the Old Town Trolley out and about all the time, so that's the only thing I can tell you. I "believe" their actual buses are air conditioned; they do have some open air "trolleys" that as far as I know are not.

Can you specify "end of May"? I'm concerned you might be in town over Memorial Day weekend, which is a tourist zoo!

It can be pretty hot and muggy even then, but typically not as bad as July and August. I see the Old Town Trolley out and about all the time, so that's the only thing I can tell you. I "believe" their actual buses are air conditioned; they do have some open air "trolleys" that as far as I know are not.

Thanks I'm there for the 24th and 25th of May the Tuesday and Wednesday before memorial weekend

We were on the Big Bus at the height of Cherry Blossom season and even though there were lots of folks the bus worked fine.

We were on the Big Bus at the height of Cherry Blossom season and even though there were lots of folks the bus worked fine.

There just before Memorial Day thanks for advice

Once DC gets towards Memorial Day everything is crowded. My guess is that you are already time when you can get tickets for the Washington Monument. My recommendation would be to use the HOHO bus on days when you are not visiting museums. HOHO bus is a great way to travel between memorials/monuments (Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, MLK, FDR, etc.)

Once DC gets towards Memorial Day everything is crowded. My guess is that you are already time when you can get tickets for the Washington Monument. My recommendation would be to use the HOHO bus on days when you are not visiting museums. HOHO bus is a great way to travel between memorials/monuments (Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, MLK, FDR, etc.)

Thanks for info I'm only there on Wednesday as arrive late Tuesday and leave Thursday for Baltimore so going to do the big bus

• 2 weeks later...

If you just want to ride around a see things, those buses are fine, though expensive. If you are looking for transportation, they are a poor choice. The Circulator bus for $1 is the better option. No narration, but it gets you where you want to go.

We get off Summit on Sunday, May 29 and are considering driving towards DC and parking and taking the Metro to the Mall area. Smithsonians are open till 7:30. When you all say Memorial Weekend is crazy busy are you talking about driving into the city? Would the Metro be fine on that weekend?

We get off Summit on Sunday, May 29 and are considering driving towards DC and parking and taking the Metro to the Mall area. Smithsonians are open till 7:30. When you all say Memorial Weekend is crazy busy are you talking about driving into the city? Would the Metro be fine on that weekend?

What time on the 29th?

It will be crazy. There's a Nationals' game again the Cardinals at 1:35 that will probably bring 37-38,000 people to the park. Many will be on Metro. Earlier in the day is probably better.

The museums start getting extremely busy on or about Memorial Weekend. It's still a great place to visit, but be prepared for crowds.

What time on the 29th?

It will be crazy. There's a Nationals' game again the Cardinals at 1:35 that will probably bring 37-38,000 people to the park. Many will be on Metro. Earlier in the day is probably better.

The museums start getting extremely busy on or about Memorial Weekend. It's still a great place to visit, but be prepared for crowds.

We are originally from St. Louis. DH is burning the remote switching from the Blues/Sharks playoffs to the Cardinal game right now.

If we get off Summit and are to our car in garage in Bayone by 9, would we make the Cardinal game? That would be an awesome surprise for him:):):):)

I am soooo glad you said that.

We are originally from St. Louis. DH is burning the remote switching from the Blues/Sharks playoffs to the Cardinal game right now.

If we get off Summit and are to our car in garage in Bayone by 9, would we make the Cardinal game? That would be an awesome surprise for him:):):):)

It's currently a 1:35 game. There's always a possibility for ESPN to pick it up for a game of the week, which would move it into the evening.

I'd be more comfortable if you were in your car by 8:00...

(And, I absolutely don't believe I'm assisting a Cardinals! fan in getting to Nat's Park!!!!!!)

It's currently a 1:35 game. There's always a possibility for ESPN to pick it up for a game of the week, which would move it into the evening.

I'd be more comfortable if you were in your car by 8:00...

(And, I absolutely don't believe I'm assisting a Cardinals! fan in getting to Nat's Park!!!!!!)

It will be a good game. Should we not wear our Cards World Series shirts?

Can you at least rejoice with me in our Blues victory:D:D:D

If we see how fast we can get there, will they have tickets available day of game? I'm thinking park at Greenbelt Metro and take green line to Navy yard. If sold out, back a few stops to Smithsonian.

Thank you for your help.

It will be a good game. Should we not wear our Cards World Series shirts?

Can you at least rejoice with me in our Blues victory:D:D:D

If we see how fast we can get there, will they have tickets available day of game? I'm thinking park at Greenbelt Metro and take green line to Navy yard. If sold out, back a few stops to Smithsonian.

Thank you for your help.

No, you may not! I was there when he who shall not be named blew a 9th inning save to even let you go in 2012!

It's hard to say on tickets. The game is unlikely to truly "sell out", even on a Sunday of Memorial weekend (although it may hit whatever capacity allows them to declare it a sell out). There will almost certainly be tickets on Stub Hub.

Ugh, driving down I-95 on Memorial Day weekend.... How long that will take is so unpredictable, especially on a holiday weekend. Please don't get too wedded to being there by game time....

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Ugh, driving down I-95 on Memorial Day weekend.... How long that will take is so unpredictable, especially on a holiday weekend. Please don't get too wedded to being there by game time....

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you.:)