Pisa tickets

cruisinlawn

We've been awaiting for our day to become available to purchase tickets for tower entry. Well, it came and went with no morning times available nor the afternoon time desired (around 1600hrs). We're combining this with a run to Florence as well so timing is tight. My guess is the cruiseline gobbled up the morning tix.

We are viewing what I believe is the official site (Opa) though I have found some availability through couple of other sites at a higher price. Without naming the sites (don't wanna break any rules) we're concern whether they are legit or not. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

We've been awaiting for our day to become available to purchase tickets for tower entry. Well, it came and went with no morning times available nor the afternoon time desired (around 1600hrs). We're combining this with a run to Florence as well so timing is tight. My guess is the cruiseline gobbled up the morning tix.

We are viewing what I believe is the official site (Opa) though I have found some availability through couple of other sites at a higher price. Without naming the sites (don't wanna break any rules) we're concern whether they are legit or not. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

I hope they are legit as I used one. It was 4 euros more per person than the official site but I wanted to avoid what you found to be the case , no tickets for your required time.

Agreed, I found one that was 4-5 euro more and another that was twice the 18 euro quoted on the official site. Would you share the site you used?

I got the site from a Trip Advisor post . It's http://en.italyguides.waf.it/museo_dett/231-parks-monuments-and-historic-houses/3157-leaning-tower-of-pisa-tickets.html

You asked , so I think that does not break the Cruise Critic rules. It may be the 4-5 euro you are referring to.

• 11 months later...

I'm bringing this thread forward from last year because I have the same concern as the OP.

We want to buy four tickets for this September for the 3:30pm time slot that we would need as advised by our transportation company.

If we wait until 20 days before our visit to buy tickets from the official website, tickets for our time slot to climb the Tower could be sold out.

The official website says:

"PURCHASE CONDITIONS

The Opera della Primaziale Pisana is responsible solely for the price of the tickets purchased from its official site, from authorised accommodation facilities, agencies and guides, or from ticket offices on site. In the event that the admission ticket has been purchased by an entity other than those indicated above or if the admission ticket has been lost, stolen or duplicated, the bearer of the admission ticket may not be authorised by the organiser to enter the chosen place or may be obliged to leave it."

It's unclear to me who other 'authorised' ticket sellers are.

Has anyone purchased tickets from the site mentioned by 'xeriod' in their earlier post, or another source, and knows with certainty that they will be accepted for entry to the Tower?