What do to at port when traveling with a toddler

TEGL

We just booked a cruise last night but this morning another offer came available so I'm trying to decide if we're going to switch. We Will be traveling with our two month old very active, busy, curious toddler. We currently were doing Cozumel, Honduras and Costa Maya and we had everything figured out for him but wondering if Jamacia would offer anything fun for him.

I am guessing you mean 2 year old? If so, a beach. That is all kids really care about at that age. There are many resorts around the port area.

Also, there is also Doctor's Cave Beach. $5 shuttle ride over and $5 to get in. Great beach and they have food and drinks for purchase as well.

I am guessing you mean 2 year old? If so, a beach. That is all kids really care about at that age. There are many resorts around the port area.

Also, there is also Doctor's Cave Beach. $5 shuttle ride over and $5 to get in. Great beach and they have food and drinks for purchase as well.

Haha, yes I meant 2-year old. back to edit it but can't, sorry.

I'll look into that now, thank you

Your port will be different, thus your options will be, but we are booking through a website for a day pass to an AI resort. I'm just not interested in dealing with vendors and hair braiders all day long, plus the transportation via bus is provided in the cost.

We are going to Grand Palladium. It has a toddler splash pad area, big pools, and a nice beach. Plus...kids 3 and under are free!

Your port will be different, thus your options will be, but we are booking through a website for a day pass to an AI resort. I'm just not interested in dealing with vendors and hair braiders all day long, plus the transportation via bus is provided in the cost.

We are going to Grand Palladium. It has a toddler splash pad area, big pools, and a nice beach. Plus...kids 3 and under are free!

Thank you, I'll check it out

Thank you, I'll check it out

We will be cruising with our (then) three year old daughter next year with a stop in Ocho Rios. I am looking into a private tour to Blue Hole. From what I've read and from the feedback I've gotten from the tour companies, it is safe for little ones (they provide life jackets and we'll probably bring our own) and there are swimming holes that are more shallow. They said the guides will make sure she stays safe and hubby and I can take turns doing the more adventurous stuff and staying with her. We want her to experience more than just the beach when we travel with her.

There's really not a heck of a lot for a 2 yr old to do in Jamaica other than beach or pool. Can you take them along for the ride on some of your excursions, probably, but will it be fun...doubtful.

Which port are you looking at? Falmouth, probably nothing more than going to the pool at Margaritaville in the port. Montego Bay, Doctor's Cave Beach is popular with families, and Ocho Rios.....hmmmm, not too much there for a 2 yr old.

We've done almost all of those port with our son, and of all of them, I think he had the most fun in Roatan. I was hesitant, but our agent highly recommended the monkey farm, and it was exactly the right thing to do.

We did glass bottom boats in Cozumel (right from the ship's pier) and in Roatan, and our little one liked both.

I don't know much about the Blue Hole, but I would not take a toddler swimming anywhere without a life guard. But that's me.