Norwegian excursion to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii

Hunterw0026

I need some help.

I just purchased this. $369 and it seems a lot to me but maybe you can tell me differently.

1stly, is Positano as amazing as I think because really, that is why I am spending this money.

The trip includes a smaller bus (obviously to get through Positano) from Naples to Positano first, then back to Sorrento when lunch and wine is included at a beautiful hotel overlooking the water, then on to Pompeii. I think it's 10 hours.

I don't care about lunch, I don't care about Pompeii. I think I care about Positano though. Is it MUCH better than Naples and Sorrento which I can do easily and much cheaper?:confused:

Positano is a very picturesque village with lots of hair pin bends to get down to sea level-how big is the "smaller" bus as may still struggle to get right down

we had an 8 seater van with Rudy from rome-car-tours cost 550 euros for full van[we found tourmates on our roll call] and negotiated the bends easily and less hair raising than in a big bus!

there are several well recommended private tour companies on the board who will offer a cheaper and more personal than big bus tour

if you are the organiser you can call the shots re meals

We didn't want to waste sightseeing time by a sit down meal.In fact in the heat of the day even a light snack was too much-just wanted water!

I have used Can't Be Missed Tours for Amalfi Coast and Rome from Civitevecchia and they are very affordable and amazing tour guides and drivers. I read about this group in a Rick Steves book on Mediterranean Cruises and his suggestion was spot on. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

I have used Can't Be Missed Tours for Amalfi Coast and Rome from Civitevecchia and they are very affordable and amazing tour guides and drivers. I read about this group in a Rick Steves book on Mediterranean Cruises and his suggestion was spot on. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

:D

USAmickey!!! You are the best!! The same tour without lunch (which is my preference) is only $79 USD where as the trip I paid for with the cruise ship is $369. Same thing for Rome and Florence. WAY LESS for the same excursion. I owe you so much!!! I need to buy you a credit voucher for your next cruise!!!

Glad I could help. We thoroughly enjoyed both excursions.

I am so grateful. I just paid for them. Did you go into the Colosseum or just view from outside?

Do you need to cover shoulders in the Vatican?

Definitely go into the Colosseum. It is very cool and if you are able go up the stairs to the second level. Yes you do need coverage for the Vatican. Ask them the current rules about that though. Rome is a crazy day, but they get it done. I have no idea why it is so difficult to find this group. Are you on the Epic? That was our exact trip.....enjoy! !

Definitely go into the Colosseum. It is very cool and if you are able go up the stairs to the second level. Yes you do need coverage for the Vatican. Ask them the current rules about that though. Rome is a crazy day, but they get it done. I have no idea why it is so difficult to find this group. Are you on the Epic? That was our exact trip.....enjoy! !

I am planning on packing only sundresses as it's going to be hot for one and two they roll up so tight and don't need ironing, so I better keep a cardigan with me for anything like that.

I am on Epic from Barcelona on July 31st for 7 days going to Naples, Rome, Florence, Cannes and Marseille ending in Barcelona Sunday the 7th and then I will spend one night on Barcelona before flying back to Atlanta on the 8th at 10.25am.

Another great way to cover up shoulders/knees are scarves. They're light, easy to pack and can quickly be thrown on over your shoulders or cover your knees with a little bit of creativity. They also tend to have cheap, pretty scarves in about every marketplace in Europe so they're easy to pick up while there too.

Edited by Midwest_Traveler

Another great way to cover up shoulders/knees are scarves. They're light, easy to pack and can quickly be thrown on over your shoulders or cover your knees with a little bit of creativity. They also tend to have cheap, pretty scarves in about every marketplace in Europe so they're easy to pick up while there too.

YES! Agree totally, especially since all my sundresses are ankle length!:D