9:50 AM flight from FLL?

Chardo

If Harmony is not returning from a transatlantic, there are no delays, and you are first in the self-assist line, you should be able to make it. Too early for my stress level though.

Still a bit close for my comfort level...the problem could be once at FLL...something you can never depend on going smoothly/quickly. I usually prefer nothing earlier than 11:00am.

Still a bit close for my comfort level...the problem could be once at FLL...something you can never depend on going smoothly/quickly. I usually prefer nothing earlier than 11:00am.

I agree.

The port is always being shut down for random things.

I'd lose sleep worrying. We ve done 10:50 easily, but an hour earlier I doubt we'd try.

Can you make it...yes. Self carry and step out as soon as they clear the ship. Grab a cab and you should be at FLL by 8:30. Have alternative options in mind in case there are delays along the way.

Edited by eandj

I agree.

The port is always being shut down for random things.

And it's those random things that give me nightmares....too close for me too. Everything has to work like clockwork or you're at best running for your plane. You only do that once in your life!!!

Is the FLL port still having backup issues due to Customs? The last 2 times we sailed out of FLL, we were delayed both times getting off due to Customs backups. We always do self assist and are always in line to get off early. We're trying FLL again next May, but I'm curious to know.....

Cruising on Harmony of the Seas. Ship scheduled to return at 6:15 Saturday morning. If we self disembark, is a 9:50 AM flight doable?

It is doable if everything goes as planned. Personally, I would not book it that close as I would be stressing too much the last day of a relaxing cruise - not worth it IMO.

Does your airline allow you to standby for an earlier flight with no (or minimal charge)? If so, I would book a later one and try to catch the 9:50 am if you can.

It is doable if everything goes as planned. Personally, I would not book it that close as I would be stressing too much the last day of a relaxing cruise - not worth it IMO.

Does your airline allow you to standby for an earlier flight with no (or minimal charge)? If so, I would book a later one and try to catch the 9:50 am if you can.

Alternative is a later flight with 35 minute connection in Tampa. Which is riskier? Early flight or short connection?

Alternative is a later flight with 35 minute connection in Tampa. Which is riskier? Early flight or short connection?

Depends on the airline and what your options are if you miss the connection. For example, on SW they often run very short connections (like 35 minutes). Sometimes they have many flights on that route so that if you miss the connection you have one going out in an hour or so. Other routes have few options if you miss the connections - I avoid this situation.

Which airline? What's the later flight time? And your connection is change plane to the same airline?

I dread those quick connections. I'd actually go with the earlier flight if this was the only other choice. Again, have back up flights in hand for either choice.

Which airline? What's the later flight time? And your connection is change plane to the same airline?

I dread those quick connections. I'd actually go with the earlier flight if this was the only other choice. Again, have back up flights in hand for either choice.

All flights are Southwest. The later flight is 11:50, with 35 minute connection in Tampa. That connection is the last direct flight of the day. If missed, there are three later flights that would require another connection, if they even have seats.

The last time we flew Ft Lauderdale, we were in the security line for 2 1/2 hours, just made the gate in time for boarding. That's not even including the time we got off the ship. So an hour (breathing room) from disembarkment, CBP, taxi to airport, If you get off exactly at 7am, 10:30 maybe

Anything can go wrong- any flight anytime. The one time we took a late flight from FLL was the only time we didn't get home. Sat at FLL and watched planes leave all day long. By the tine we got to our connecting city a storm had moved into Maine and we were stranded in Detroit. If we had left in the AM we would have been home no problem

Edited by CFD130

All flights are Southwest. The later flight is 11:50, with 35 minute connection in Tampa. That connection is the last direct flight of the day. If missed, there are three later flights that would require another connection, if they even have seats.

Tampa is a really easy airport to navigate. I wouldn't have a problem with a 35 minute flight in Tampa. The flight is so short, you'll know before you even board wether or not you'll make your connection.