Parking rate in New Orleans to increase again!

I just read on the Port of New Orleans website (http://portno.com/parking) that effective on June 1st, 2016, parking will be $20 per day. We have always parked at port, but with this newest change (prices have already recently increased from $16 to $18 per day), I have JUST decided that from here on out, Fulton Garage will be getting our business. $140 for parking for a 7 day cruise is RIDICULOUS! Hope this information helps someone plan their budget!

Count your blessings. Parking at the pier in New York is $40 a day!! :D

Indeed! I remember when it was $12 back in the 1990s.

I was going to say the same thing! Reason why we do not sail out of NY.

We mostly sail out of Miami and it has been $20 a day for some time. It was $2 a day back in 1978.

We always park offsite, never had a problem.

Indeed! I remember when it was $12 back in the 1990s.

We mostly sail out of Miami and it has been $20 a day for some time. It was $2 a day back in 1978.

We always park offsite, never had a problem.

Actually, $40 a day parking in New York is a bargain! :D You can find cheaper cruise parking near the port, but it usually means a cab or shuttle ride and multiple handling of your luggage.

So how does Fulton work? We've always parked at the port. Does the shuttle drop you off in front of the terminal? And do they pick you up in the same location? Do you have to call to be picked up? A little nervous about trying something new.

Also, I agree that while $40 per day is way more expensive than $20 for day, why would I pay $140 to park when I can pay <$85 to park?

Its crazy how different states with different quality of life (average income vs average expenses) make such a big difference.

We mostly sail out of Miami and it has been $20 a day for some time.

The new $20 rate out of New Orleans still isn't bad compared to some other ports. And this increase is strictly due to state and local taxes. Although I've heard mostly good and some bad things about Fulton, I'm sticking with the port. The convenience of parking and a few minute walk to check in is still worth it to me.

We parked at the port on April 30.

Got to the port at 11:00 and there were very few parking spaces left.

Fewer than 10 on the roof and we saw no available spaces lower.

After the cruise we saw cars parked in any little space available.

DH and I were talking about how the garage is now too small with both Triumph and Dream.

I bet they are trying to encourage people to park elsewhere due to the overcrowding in the garage.

So how does Fulton work? We've always parked at the port. Does the shuttle drop you off in front of the terminal? And do they pick you up in the same location? Do you have to call to be picked up? A little nervous about trying something new.

Also, I agree that while $40 per day is way more expensive than $20 for day, why would I pay $140 to park when I can pay <$85 to park?

Its crazy how different states with different quality of life (average income vs average expenses) make such a big difference.

The shuttle drops you off in front of the terminal. They also pick you up at the same location. No, you don't have to call to be picked up. There will be someone from Fulton standing in front of the terminal when you return.

I've used Fulton 3 times. When you park at Fulton...There's a shuttle downstairs that takes you to the port. Sometimes it is there. Sometimes you have to wait 5-10mins. They have people who load and unload your luggage. They drop you off in front of the entrance and there is always a porter there to take your luggage.

When you get back the shuttle will be just a little to the right of where they dropped you off. There has always been a shuttle sitting there when I got back. One time the shuttle filled up but by the time it left they had another shuttle there.

When you get back to the garage they unload the luggage and want only the driver to go up and bring the car down. They say this is because they don't want all of that luggage on the elevator but I believe it is to get you out of the garage ASAP. One time while driving up in the garage to park a bunch of guys with a truckload of luggage stopped me wanting to take my bags there so they wouldn't go in the elevator. I jut told them I didn't have everything in my bags and wasn't ready to unload yet and they left me alone. Other than their quirks about luggage in the elevators and trying to get you out of the garage ASAP, I haven't had any problems with them and will use them next time.

Edited by Saint Greg

If you prepay at Fulton, can you leave and come back?

We are heading in 2 days before our cruise, and staying at the Hyatt right across the road from Fulton.

Ideally I'd like to park there for my hotel stay as well.

I just called the garage and it's $100 per day for in and out parking. We are arriving the day before the cruise and staying at the Hyatt also. The garage attendant told us to book on line and add a day to the parking time. We are going to park on Monday, and go back Tuesday morning to catch the shuttle to the port. He said that would be fine. We have done this before, and just used the trolley to get around. The walk to the ticket booth for the street car is not bad, it is at the end of Riverwalk across the street from the Hyatt. I don't remember the cost for a day pass for the street car, but it was very reasonable.

Staying at the Hyatt, parking at the Fulton Garage, and using the trolley was very convenient.

I just called the garage and it's $100 per day for in and out parking. We are arriving the day before the cruise and staying at the Hyatt also. The garage attendant told us to book on line and add a day to the parking time. We are going to park on Monday, and go back Tuesday morning to catch the shuttle to the port. He said that would be fine. We have done this before, and just used the trolley to get around. The walk to the ticket booth for the street car is not bad, it is at the end of Riverwalk across the street from the Hyatt. I don't remember the cost for a day pass for the street car, but it was very reasonable.

Staying at the Hyatt, parking at the Fulton Garage, and using the trolley was very convenient.

Did they let you add a day for a hotel stay at the cruise parking rate?

Awesome thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to know also how early the shuttle starts running!

I'm Platinum and like to get there early so there are no hitches in the getalong!

Anybody with experience know how early the shuttles start?

Thanks!

Did they let you add a day for a hotel stay at the cruise parking rate?

When we parked at Fulton a few years ago, we actually got a better rate by showing them our receipt from Hyatt. That rate was only good for that night; the rest of the week was the cruise rate but it was still considerably cheaper than parking at the port.

I would like to know also how early the shuttle starts running!

I'm Platinum and like to get there early so there are no hitches in the getalong!

Anybody with experience know how early the shuttles start?

Thanks!

We have used Fulton for years. When we were there 2 weeks ago, we arrived at 10:00 am and they were already filling up shuttles. They also bring people back after they disembark so you could probably get on fairly early. We disembarked at 8 and were back to Fulton by 8:10 and there were people waiting to get on to go to the port.