Hilton Day Pass

gaylemh

We did this on a cruise in May 2013. We weren't planning on going there and had planned on going to Brandon's Beach, which is very close to port. We decided to take a taxi (van) and the drivers wait for them to fill before leaving. Our driver told us that Brandon's Beach had no facilities, so we told her we'd go where everyone else was going - the Hilton.

It only took between 10 and 15 minutes to get there. It's actually at the southern end of Carlisle Bay and you can see it (the Hilton) from the ship. We didn't have reservations ahead of time and just went to the front desk in the lobby and got a day pass. There are different levels of day passes, the least expensive was use of loungers, umbrella, and beach towels, and that's all we needed so we got that one. I don't know if use of the pool was included or not, but we wanted the beach since we can go to a pool anytime. Their pool did look really nice if that's what you'd prefer. The price for the lowest of their packages was $80.00 ($40.00 US Dollars) per person, so it was $80.00 for both of us, but those prices may have changed since then. No food/beverages are included in the package we got. It was very pretty and we enjoyed our day, kind of pricey but the Hilton is a very nice resort. I'm not positive on how much the cab fare was, but I'm thinking $7.00 (USD) per person/$14.00 for two of us.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I just did a quick internet search and found this, but you may have already seen this. It appears that you can reserve through this website and it's $55.00 per person and includes everything, including meals and drinks. Attaching the link in case you haven't seen it. I also don't know if you need to get the day pass through this website or just get them once you arrive. It's been three years since we've been there.

http://barbadosdaypass.com/

Sorry for posting twice, I just didn't want to give you incorrect information.

We did this on a cruise in May 2013. We weren't planning on going there and had planned on going to Brandon's Beach, which is very close to port. We decided to take a taxi (van) and the drivers wait for them to fill before leaving. Our driver told us that Brandon's Beach had no facilities, so we told her we'd go where everyone else was going - the Hilton.

It only took between 10 and 15 minutes to get there. It's actually at the southern end of Carlisle Bay and you can see it (the Hilton) from the ship. We didn't have reservations ahead of time and just went to the front desk in the lobby and got a day pass. There are different levels of day passes, the least expensive was use of loungers, umbrella, and beach towels, and that's all we needed so we got that one. I don't know if use of the pool was included or not, but we wanted the beach since we can go to a pool anytime. Their pool did look really nice if that's what you'd prefer. The price for the lowest of their packages was $80.00 ($40.00 US Dollars) per person, so it was $80.00 for both of us, but those prices may have changed since then. No food/beverages are included in the package we got. It was very pretty and we enjoyed our day, kind of pricey but the Hilton is a very nice resort. I'm not positive on how much the cab fare was, but I'm thinking $7.00 (USD) per person/$14.00 for two of us.

Thanks for getting back to me. I took a chance and booked with caribbeandaypass.com. It was $55/person and included lunch. I only had to pay a $15 deposit, so not too bad if it doesn't work out.

We must have been posting at the same time. :) That actually looks like a much better deal than we had, especially with the meal and it sounds like everything is included, so you'll get more for your money with that. I came across a TribAdvisor review when I did the search of Barbados Hilton day pass and the review I read said the meal was incredible. I hope you have a wonderful time there.

Is the water rough or calm at the hilton.

There is a small ocean swimming area between two rock jetties. The day we were there, the water was a little rough but a lot of people were going in. There were a bunch of kids that appeared to be having a lot of fun in the waves. There are lifeguards who warned people the day we were there to stay in the middle and not to get close to the rocks. Since we were only there once, I don't know if it's normally like this or if this was just a rougher day. There were people in the loungers but many seemed to be taking advantage of the pool area. The water was still a very pretty blue and the beach was fine for us.

If you're looking for calm water, there are many other beaches a short cab ride away from the cruise center. The most popular is Carlisle Bay. We've heard a lot of good things about the Boatyard from others we met who spent time there. There are other places along Carlisle Bay that offer loungers and have food/beverages. The big attraction with Carlisle Bay, mainly Boatyard, is swimming with the turtles and at the shipwrecks to see the fish. There are folks who offer tours to do that right from the beach. Many have found that to be the cheaper way than doing and excursion through the cruise line and they can get both - enjoying the beach and getting to swim/snorkel with turtles.

If you're interested in seeing pictures of the beach at the Hilton, I did a review of that cruise (Carnival Valor - May 2013), which I will attach a link. I'm hoping to get the link to attach and open on Page 8, where the Barbados/Hilton section starts. The Hilton section starts at Post 150. There are pictures of the water in an other area, which is to the left of the Hilton if you are looking out at the water, and a few over to the right. Neither seem to be swimming areas as there appeared to be a lot of coral right at the shore, but the water was pretty. I like to take pictures, so that's why I went for a walk and added them. Unfortunately (and I'm STILL kicking myself), I forgot to go up and get pictures of the pool area. I'm sure there are some included in the link to the website posted above. I hope this information helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645&page=8

[/color]

Edited by pghsteelerfan

• 3 weeks later...

We did the day pass at the Hilton last year. We enjoyed the pools and lunch but were quite disappointed with the beach. We had been to Carlisle before and truly enjoyed the beach and swimming there. Being so close to the Hilton we hoped for a similar experience. However the two areas at the Hilton were quite rocky with a lot of seaweed and rough waters on the day we were there. We talked to people who had gone to Boatyard, Lobster Alive, Harbor Lights, and Copacabana that same day. They all said that the beach and ocean conditions there were great that day.

• 1 month later...
Hi GayleM, did you sail yet? I was looking into the Caribbeandaypass.com as well but I'd like to know at least one person booked successfully with them lol.

Thank you!

Yes I was there in April. Everything went very smooth. The lunch that was included was very good (loved the ribs) at their outdoor restaurant. The water was a little rough for me, but there were some people going in. The pools were very pretty. I booked again for my cruise in February. I have recommended Caribbeandaypass.com to a lot of people and there were no problems. Margaret is very nice, and answers your emails within 24 hours.

Yes I was there in April. Everything went very smooth. The lunch that was included was very good (loved the ribs) at their outdoor restaurant. The water was a little rough for me, but there were some people going in. The pools were very pretty. I booked again for my cruise in February. I have recommended Caribbeandaypass.com to a lot of people and there were no problems. Margaret is very nice, and answers your emails within 24 hours.

Thank you so much. I was originally looking at the Hilton but it has gotten some mixed reviews, and I couldn't figure out how to book with them. I am glad to hear you had a nice time. Caribbeandaypass.com only has the Marriott which favorable reviews so I' booking that.

T

hank you again.

Thank you so much. I was originally looking at the Hilton but it has gotten some mixed reviews, and I couldn't figure out how to book with them. I am glad to hear you had a nice time. Caribbeandaypass.com only has the Marriott which favorable reviews so I' booking that.

T

hank you again.

Which island are you looking at? I went to the Hilton in Barbados, and it's still listed.

Which island are you looking at? I went to the Hilton in Barbados, and it's still listed.

Oh that's why lol! San Juan... I booked the Marriott and have read great things. I'd love to go Barbados though and try the Hilton too:D

Oh that's why lol! San Juan... I booked the Marriott and have read great things. I'd love to go Barbados though and try the Hilton too:D

I had booked the Marriott in San Juan through them, but we never made it to the hotel. It was raining the day we were there. Lost $15, not too bad. Better than loosing the whole $55.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Hilton Barbados through Resort for a Day. I've used them before and never had any problems. This is my first time cruising to the Southern Caribbean, all the Islands look beautiful! Cannot wait to sit back and relax!

• 5 weeks later...

Did the Hilton last Feb with resortforaday. Good food nice pools water is always rough but just walk across the street and it is calm and beautiful also with turtles although we did not see any. This year I thing we will try another resort further along. The crowds that went to Boatyard are not my thing.

When you say walk across the street for calmer water could you explain what street? I assume that is no longer a part of the Hilton so there would be no place to keep my glasses,etc while in the water. Does that beach have a name? I was considering the Hilton but I prefer the beach/ocean to a pool but not if it is rough.

• 2 weeks later...