Advice on which of 3 hotels?

parrotfeathers

I am on Anthem for October 15 departure, flying into Newark. Coming in one day early so Sis can see a little of NYC. All I know is we are going to Phantom of the Opera Friday at [i think] Majestic Theatre if it works out.

Choosing among Country Inn [Newark Airport], Embassy [Newark Airport] or Hilton Penn Station, what are advantages and disadvantages? Will take hired car to port and to airport after cruise so I don't necessarily need Country Inn because of the shuttle. But would not mind at all a shuttle from the airport to the hotel on Thursday arrival.

I have asked before and that is why Hilton Penn Station is in the mix. But now it is decision time and I am all jumbled as to where to stay.

I am on Anthem for October 15 departure, flying into Newark. Coming in one day early so Sis can see a little of NYC. All I know is we are going to Phantom of the Opera Friday at [i think] Majestic Theatre if it works out.

Choosing among Country Inn [Newark Airport], Embassy [Newark Airport] or Hilton Penn Station, what are advantages and disadvantages? Will take hired car to port and to airport after cruise so I don't necessarily need Country Inn because of the shuttle. But would not mind at all a shuttle from the airport to the hotel on Thursday arrival.

I have asked before and that is why Hilton Penn Station is in the mix. But now it is decision time and I am all jumbled as to where to stay.

All these hotels have an airport shuttle.

You will actually save $30 in train fare and at least a half hour each way by staying at the Newark Penn Station Hilton because you won't have to deal with a hotel shuttle back to the P4 Airtrain station and Airtrain to get to the Newark Airport train station. From the NPS Hilton all you have to do is to walk across the sky bridge from the hotel to Newark Penn Station.

Thank you very much!!!

If you do stay at the Hilton at Newark Penn you could explore some of the amazing history and cultural aspects of Newark.

To the east of Newark Penn is the Ironbound District which is a European type community. There is a heavy Portuguese and Brazilian influence. A walk down Ferry Street is always a great experience - plus great places to eat from bakery good to tapas to full Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian dinners.

To the west of Penn Station walking down Raymond Blvd is Military Park (on right) with a huge sculpture, Wars of America by Gutzon Borglum the sculptor more famous for Mount Rushmore. There are three more of his works in Newark. Also within Military Park is where Thomas Paine began writing "Common Sense" during the Revolutionary War. Also there is Trinity Cathedral which was used by both side during the Revolutionary War.(There is more history and activities.)

All of that is in one park. There is a lot of history and I could go on but these two areas are easy to get to from the Hilton. There are also two great great museums - The Newark Museum and The New Jersey Historical Society.

All these hotels have an airport shuttle.

You will actually save $30 in train fare and at least a half hour each way by staying at the Newark Penn Station Hilton because you won't have to deal with a hotel shuttle back to the P4 Airtrain station and Airtrain to get to the Newark Airport train station. From the NPS Hilton all you have to do is to walk across the sky bridge from the hotel to Newark Penn Station.

Is it still the same where I would catch the airport shuttle on the ground floor? I remember a person standing at the train telling people where to catch hotel shuttles.

On the info about train fare--is that how I would get to the port before the cruise? Or to the theatre? Or is that where the hotel shuttle would drop me off after picking me up upon arrival? I won't return to the hotel after the cruise.

Is it still the same where I would catch the airport shuttle on the ground floor? I remember a person standing at the train telling people where to catch hotel shuttles.

On the info about train fare--is that how I would get to the port before the cruise? Or to the theatre? Or is that where the hotel shuttle would drop me off after picking me up upon arrival? I won't return to the hotel after the cruise.

1). When you arrive at EWR you collect your luggage on the lowest level and take the elevator to the Airtrain on the top level. You take Airtrain to the P4 Station where you get the Newark Penn Station Hotel shuttle. https://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/Travel-Guide-AirTrainNewark.pdf

2). The NPS Hilton is in downtown Newark. It is not at the airport. Newark Penn Station is across the street and there is a skybridge connecting the hotel and the station. Train fare to New York Penn Station from Newark Penn Station is $5.50/pp each way. Senior discount if you're 62+. If you stay at an airport hotel, the train fare from Newark Airport Station to New York is $12.50/pp each way.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

The North Jersey Coast Line and the Northeast Corridor trains run through Newark Penn Station.

3). You book a car service from the downtown Newark hotel to Cape Liberty.

Thank you 138east. I understand now. i don't know you are able to keep it all straight. We don't even have toll roads in Mississippi.

I think once you book your hotel, we can repeat the directions specific for you hotel.

Don't forget that if it gets overwhelming to figure out public transportation you can always get a cab. The cab from the airport to the hotel isn't overly expensive. The two of you will share the cab so you can split the cost.