Colosseum Underground tour question

lightsleeper

Just a quick question

Having purchased tickets for the Colosseum Underground tour, we have vouchers which must be shown to the ticket office to pick up our tickets...no other option given

Is there a "special" line to redeem these vouchers for tickets or must we wait in the general ticket line?

Thanks

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I seem ignorant, but I will be cruising through Rome in September, and was wondering, how does one book tickets online?

Is there a direct booking with the Colosseum? I would love to be able to skip the line.

There is a wealth of information online, and seemingly a million different tours. I just want to make sure I purchase something through a reputable company, and get to where I am going.

Thank you for any responses in advance.

Hi OP!

Can you share your experience with this tour? We're hoping to do this in October (staying in Rome for 3 days post-cruise). Does the tour only let you go in the underground section, or does it take you all over PLUS the underground/restricted parts also? Do people do this tour typically do a regular tour plus the underground tour?

Thanks!

Just a quick question

Having purchased tickets for the Colosseum Underground tour, we have vouchers which must be shown to the ticket office to pick up our tickets...no other option given

Is there a "special" line to redeem these vouchers for tickets or must we wait in the general ticket line?

Thanks

Joe

Going on tour next week

Believe tour is only for underground and third level

If you want a tour of the Colosseum itself, you must purchase one separately

By the way, you must also purchase a general admission for this tour which allows you into the "regular" Colosseum, forum, and Palatine hill

Edited by lightsleeper

Going on tour next week

Believe tour is only for underground and third level

If you want a tour of the Colosseum itself, you must purchase one separately

By the way, you must also purchase a general admission for this tour which allows you into the "regular" Colosseum, forum, and Palatine hill

Correct. Once your underground and third ring tour is complete you are left to wander on your own.