Asking Uber driver to make a stop

Happycamper01

Just curious...has anyone ever asked an Uber driver to stop at a wine or grocery store on the way from airport to hotel? For an additional fee of course. Flying into FLL and trying to figure out easiest way to buy a couple bottles of wine/champagne. Staying at Riverside Hotel so don't think anything is in walking distance.

Just curious...has anyone ever asked an Uber driver to stop at a wine or grocery store on the way from airport to hotel? For an additional fee of course. Flying into FLL and trying to figure out easiest way to buy a couple bottles of wine/champagne. Staying at Riverside Hotel so don't think anything is in walking distance.

There has got to be something within walking distance of that hotel. They sell wine in lots of stores in Florida including convenience stores, gas station convenience stores, CVS, Walgreen's, supermarkets, etc. Ask what is close when you check in at the hotel or look as you are driving from the airport to the hotel. Not worth paying more to Uber to make a stop if you can just walk around the corner and grab a couple of bottles.

There has got to be something within walking distance of that hotel. They sell wine in lots of stores in Florida including convenience stores, gas station convenience stores, CVS, Walgreen's, supermarkets, etc. Ask what is close when you check in at the hotel or look as you are driving from the airport to the hotel. Not worth paying more to Uber to make a stop if you can just walk around the corner and grab a couple of bottles.

Thanks for that info, I live in PA which has extremely archaic liquor laws so I never think of going to a convenience type store for wine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I live here and walk that neighborhood all the time. It's a very upscale few blocks with lots of restaurants and specialty stores but can't think of one place that sells beer and wine and just did a Yelp search and came up empty. 3/4 of a mile to the north on federal highway is a Winn Dixie liquor store with a decent selection. The only convenience store on las olas is a 7/11 and I don't think you want that kind of wine. But definitely beer. And it's a bit of a walk towards the beach.

There's no issue getting an uber to stop along the way. There are choices on 17th street causeway on the way to the north entrance of the port.

Thanks for that info, I live in PA which has extremely archaic liquor laws so I never think of going to a convenience type store for wine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But we're about to get the opportunity to buy up to four bottles of wine in a grocery store if it has obtained the right license! :D

We were just in San Diego for our daughter's wedding. At the last minute (within an hour of her wedding) she had an emergency and needed something from us. My husband called Uber and they took him to our daughter's hotel (about 4 miles from ours), waited while he delivered what she needed, drove him back to our hotel and waited (!!!) while he changed into his suit for the wedding and drove us to the wedding site! We would have been so late had he not done this.

We know they don't usually accept tips but he got a good one!!

OP has a great question.

So if we use Uber and not a taxi, the "time is not running"

So we just compensate the uber drivers time with a tip???

It all depends on where you're at as the prices for miles and wait time are different depending on the city. For the most part drivers do not make anything for their time waiting only mileage which helps to make the price extremely cheaper than a cab. If you want the Uber driver to wait especially for something more than a couple of minutes, it's best to tip them for their time or else it may be more beneficial for them to leave you at their stop and pick up the next fare. As was said before tips are greatly appreciated, especially since most people tip their cab driver, baggage handler, bartender, waiter/waitress, cabin steward, etc. They are all service jobs and every little bit helps.

Have the Uber driver drive you to Total Wine which is located in the Harbor Shops, just south of 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. Largest selection of beer, wine, and liquor in Fort Lauderdale. You can even order what you want online and it will be ready for you when you arrive. The store is located very close to Port Everglades. It's only a five minute drive from there to the port.

There's a CVS four blocks up from E Las Olas on SE 6th Ave. It's within walking distance of the Riverside. We've walked it from American Social a couple of times.

There is a CVS 3 blocks away at 1 N. Federal Hwy., on the corner of Broward Blvd and N. Federal Hwy (US1). I have no idea where there would be a CVS on SE 6th Ave.

Edited by royalcruz

There is a CVS 3 blocks away at 1 N. Federal Hwy., on the corner of Broward Blvd and N. Federal Hwy (US1). I have no idea where there would be a CVS on SE 6th Ave.

Same one. You have to walk up SE6th to where it merges with N. Federal Hwy. and then it's one or two blocks more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk