Xcaret

Natalie2015

We were on the Freedom of the seas and we purchase the excursion to XCaret with them.

Our ship was dock in Cozumel, wich is an Island near Playa DEL Caremn. Since Xcaret is not in Cozumel, you need to take a ferry (45 minutes ride) to the main land. Then, a 10 minutes walk to get to a bus and then 20-25 min bus ride.

When you purchase it with Royal, a guide bring you to the ferry, then to the bus and the directly to Xcaret. You CANT get lost.

However, It cost to much for the little Time your there. We arrive around noon to Xcaret. We had to stick with the guide for about an hour. The we go on our own. Your hungry, you have to eat. And then, you need to be back at the meeting point at 4:30 pm. We were back on the ship around 6:45 pm.

Xcaret is a big park. You dont get lost (you have a map) but you need to be attentive to were you are and you want to go. We felt like for the price we saw nothing. I would not go back When i'm on a Cruise.

People got sick on the ferry ride. It's not a fun ride. It's the Time were you need médication or a patch in order to feel good. So if you plan to go to playa DEL Carmen or excursion on the main land, think about your médication. We did not need any on the Cruise but wish we had some here!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm, I have a NCL cruise booked in 3 weeks and booked this with them. Maybe I should consider getting a refund for something else?

I agree with John, plenty to do on Cozumel to fill a cruise ship day - not worth it to me to spend the time traveling to the mainland. If I wanted to visit the ruins, or a theme park, I would take a land vacation to the mainland.

That said Xcaret, is an excellent property. We thoroughly enjoyed the park but we were staying at the Occidental next door and had a 2-day pass and could come and go at leisure. I think you would miss out on do much trying to rush around for a few hours and you would certainly miss the evening show.

i love it. they have an almost mile long lazy river, you put on a life jacket and slowly float down the river, it goes in to a mountain and in the mountain there is a huge cavern with a stained glass mountain. it was so relaxing and one of my favorite excursions. there is also a little boat ride, small native animal area. it is really big so you wont have time to do everything at the park but we did have time for what i mentioned above and a lunch