My Hawaii adventure by land and sea

mongee

Thank you. I think deck 6 is the best view, no restrictions for viewing and we were near where the Cadillac Diner is, mid ship. The best viewing is on the left had side, sailing closer to the coast. The ship turns around and comes back down but a bit further away and then diverts off towards Oahu.

Sorry - another question - I am just reading the last of the reports - I will be sorry when its finished -

You said you booked transport from ship to airport with Roberts - did you do this before the cruise?

Do you have the contact details I think we may have to do something similar - we are flying from Honolulu to Vegas - I think the flight is only about 2ish - so not sure how we will work this but if we have a contact no it will help.

thanks again

H

Just read the last of the reports - and thank you again.

I love Kona - the first time we went to Hawaii we did the island circle cruise - those days it was Pride of Oloha. When we got to Kona I just fell in love and always said I wanted my daughter to get married there - one day!!!!.

Kona to me had the loveliest atmosphere about it. 2nd only to that is Lahaina - I am sorry that this cruise won't go there - but we are hopefully getting a tour and included Lahania for a few hours.

Can't wait to catch up with you again and read another of your reports

Sorry - another question - I am just reading the last of the reports - I will be sorry when its finished -

You said you booked transport from ship to airport with Roberts - did you do this before the cruise?

Do you have the contact details I think we may have to do something similar - we are flying from Honolulu to Vegas - I think the flight is only about 2ish - so not sure how we will work this but if we have a contact no it will help.

thanks again

H

Hi Helen. Yes I booked the transport online before I left home.

I did it through the Roberts shore excursion site. You pick your cruise by clicking on the "not your cruise?" link, then click on the transportation tab, then click on book now where it says pier to HNL.

http://www.rhshorex.com/activities_schedule_all.php

Their contact details are on this page

http://www.rhshorex.com/contact_us.php

Thanks for reading my reports, you are encouraging me to keep going :)

Edited by mongee

Well THAT was fun! Thank you. I just stumbled across this and I want to see more!!!

I'm glad you stumbled across this and that you're enjoying it :) Have you read all of them already? Coming up soon will be our week in Maui.

I hope everybody who is reading is enjoying my little Hawaii blog.

Edited by mongee

Hi Mongee,

Thank you so much for all your fine efforts composing this wonderful review and photos !!! I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed reading it and looking at your photos. We are going on the POA in Sept.

All The Best

Horseymike :D

Our jeep tour around the west end of Maui on the Kahekili Highway

https://gosomeplace.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/the-kahekili-highway-day/

All the Hawaii blogs are here

https://gosomeplace.wordpress.com/hawaii-2016/

I've greatly enjoyed your blog about your Hawaii adventure...great itinerary, photos & narrative. :)

If possible, you might want to change the name of the town during your drive around the north end of Maui. Honokohau is a small area on Honokohau Bay & is north of Honolua Bay. The actual name of the town you described is Kahakuloa where Lorraine Shave Ice is located on Kahakuloa Bay.

Iao Valley located in west Maui's Pu'u Kukui mountains has an average yearly recorded rainfall of 350" & is only second to Kauai's Mt Waialeale with 450". They say that 5,000' Pu'u Kukui at one time was taller than 10,000' Haleakala and that erosion caused by so much rainfall formed the isthmus connecting the 2 mountain peaks.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've greatly enjoyed your blog about your Hawaii adventure...great itinerary, photos & narrative. :)

If possible, you might want to change the name of the town during your drive around the north end of Maui. Honokohau is a small area on Honokohau Bay & is north of Honolua Bay. The actual name of the town you described is Kahakuloa where Lorraine Shave Ice is located on Kahakuloa Bay.

Iao Valley located in west Maui's Pu'u Kukui mountains has an average yearly recorded rainfall of 350" & is only second to Kauai's Mt Waialeale with 450". They say that 5,000' Pu'u Kukui at one time was taller than 10,000' Haleakala and that erosion caused by so much rainfall formed the isthmus connecting the 2 mountain peaks.

Thanks Astro. When I was writing it I was unsure which name it was and was debating between the two so I consulted Google and Google maps and decided on the wrong name. I am at work at the moment and on my phone so will correct it later tonight.

Thanks everybody for reading and your positive comments. My husband mocks me for the amount of photos I use but I find it really hard to cull them. I took over 5,000 photos during our time in Hawaii so ....

Edited by mongee

Thanks Astro. When I was writing it I was unsure which name it was and was debating between the two so I consulted Google and Google maps and decided on the wrong name. I am at work at the moment and on my phone so will correct it later tonight.

Thanks everybody for reading and your positive comments. My husband mocks me for the amount of photos I use but I find it really hard to cull them. I took over 5,000 photos during our time in Hawaii so ....

I was hesitant to mention that discrepancy because you've done such an outstanding travelogue. :D

We're sailing from LA to Hawaii and using the cruise to island-hop which is easier for us than flying between islands from Maui & renting a car and getting a hotel room. Your south Kauai experiences will be very helpful for our day of driving on the Garden Isle.

With digital photography we also take thousands of photos on a trip & sort them out at home.

If anybody is interested I have created a blog and have started to write about our fantastic Hawaiian holiday back in May. We did a combined land and sea holiday which is why I am posting it here and not on the NCL board.

We were in Hawaii for three-and-a-half weeks and had the best time including our first ever cruise on the POA around the islands. We live in Perth, Western Australia and it was quite a trek to get to Hawaii. We had six nights in Honolulu pre cruise, seven nights on the cruise, then flew to Kona for four nights and finally seven nights in Maui. On our way home we spent two nights in Brisbane.

Anyway, if you're interested I have gathered the blog posts on to one page, the ones that are finished are red links and the others are the blogs yet to be written. I am currently working on day 5, the Thursday before the cruise started.

https://gosomeplace.wordpress.com/hawaii-2016/

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review. I just started reading your blog, and I think I may be reading for awhile! We are headed to Hawaii in September 2017 from Vancouver. I am a bit nervous about traveling across the Pacific! What hotel did you stay at in Honolulu? I didn't come across the name?

Thank you!

Angela

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review. I just started reading your blog, and I think I may be reading for awhile! We are headed to Hawaii in September 2017 from Vancouver. I am a bit nervous about traveling across the Pacific! What hotel did you stay at in Honolulu? I didn't come across the name?

Thank you!

Angela

A couple of years ago we did a Vancouver to Hawaii cruise on Royal Carribean. It was wonderful. The sea was very calm and we were able to sit out everyday. We left Vancouver in Sept after we had spent 3 days there - we loved it. Then we had 5 days in Honolulu at the Hilton Wikikki - a couple of blocks back from the beach - but a beautiful hotel and very near the centre.

Hi there,

Thank you!

Angela

Hi Angela. Thanks for reading! We stayed at the Pacific Beach Hotel in an ocean front room. It's not a flash hotel, probably three star, but it was perfectly fine for us and it made it affordable to have the ocean front room. The room was large, with two double beds, fridge, microwave and dressing table area. The best part though was the fantastic view I woke up to every morning. If I am ever lucky enough to go back I think I would stay there again.

Hi Angela. Thanks for reading! We stayed at the Pacific Beach Hotel in an ocean front room. It's not a flash hotel, probably three star, but it was perfectly fine for us and it made it affordable to have the ocean front room. The room was large, with two double beds, fridge, microwave and dressing table area. The best part though was the fantastic view I woke up to every morning. If I am ever lucky enough to go back I think I would stay there again.

Hi! Thank you so much for all your recommendations!

Angela

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk