Japan Rail Pass- Canadians

dog

What website have other Canadian residents used to purchase your Japan Rail Pass? Can you post a link to it?

How early before use can you purchase it?

Can you pre reserve Green seats online before you arrive in Japan?

dog:)

I was there twice, the most recent was last december. If you have kids under 7yrs old and are only staying in Tokyo, Suica should be enough and the kids ride free.I personally never used JR pass, but when i done my research years ago, you have to pre purchase before you step foot in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there twice, the most recent was last december. If you have kids under 7yrs old and are only staying in Tokyo, Suica should be enough and the kids ride free.I personally never used JR pass, but when i done my research years ago, you have to pre purchase before you step foot in Japan.

Thanks, no kids,

going: Narita airport to Tokyo

Tokyo-Kyoto

Kyoto-Kobe

Kyoto-Yokohama.

Rail Pass is worth it for 7 days

Interested in where to purchase JR Pass in Canada or online link for Canadian dollars and pmember of TICO.

I have to go back search my files, i know there's one in mississauga(if ur from Toronto) and one in downtown(they will also exchange your currency).For the meantime, i had this link saved on my phone for alternative transport.

http://willerexpress.com/st/3/en/mb/bus/

We were in Tokyo for 10 days, i spent no more than $150CAD from Chiba, Odaiba down to ShinKoiwa to Disney buses and train combined.

Thanks, no kids,

going: Narita airport to Tokyo

Tokyo-Kyoto

Kyoto-Kobe

Kyoto-Yokohama.

Rail Pass is worth it for 7 days

Interested in where to purchase JR Pass in Canada or online link for Canadian dollars and pmember of TICO.

Ok had a flashback, try calling Flightcentre, i remember when i first booked an airfare they offered if i needed any help with accomodation or with railway pass transportation.Or if you have Amex or Visa Infinite, call their Concierge, they'll take care of everything for 'ya. .. ciao

Ok had a flashback, try calling Flightcentre, i remember when i first booked an airfare they offered if i needed any help with accomodation or with railway pass transportation.Or if you have Amex or Visa Infinite, call their Concierge, they'll take care of everything for 'ya. .. ciao

thanks,

flight centre was on my list for today.

thanks,

reasonably priced chain-restaurants:

-Saizeriya(Italian/Jap fusion)

-Sukiya( Toppings on rice)

-Hamazushi(Conveyor sushi and user friendly for english speakers).

dont know how long you are staying in Tokyo, but if you wanna see a lifesize statue of Gundam, you will find it at Odaiba.

reasonably priced chain-restaurants:

-Saizeriya(Italian/Jap fusion)

-Sukiya( Toppings on rice)

-Hamazushi(Conveyor sushi and user friendly for english speakers).

dont know how long you are staying in Tokyo, but if you wanna see a lifesize statue of Gundam, you will find it at Odaiba.

Tokyo 3 days

Kyoto-Kobe 3 days

Yokohama 1 day

celebrity cruise 1 week

Tokyo 1 day

getting JR Pass for 7 days

staying near train stations

Appreciate any suggestions

Tokyo Skytree - there are lotsa ways to get there, but the most efficient one is to get off at Kinscho Station, you exit to the front where the huge Daiso store is located, there is a free shuttle there and it takes you right straight to the tower itself.

Mt. Fuji - you can find tour operators almost everywhere, prices could differ but still way better than when you book it online and in advance( its like buying an excursion from the cruise line vs independent operators in mexico). and don't go when its gloomy, chances are you wont see the Fuji.

- You can withdraw cash at 7/11 stores in case you're runnin low on yen.

Ueno - there's a zoo and there's a park, but what sets it apart is the CAPSULE hotels, comes with free meals(breakfast and lunch)and they are MINT. The bed and cleanliness is way better than the last Hilton hotel i stayed at Niagara Falls.

Odaiba - a little touristy, but in a good way. Go to the mall where the Old Navy and Lego centre is, there you will find an indoor SEGA theme park in the mall, if you show your passport you get a discount. Try to locate the floor where the food court on that bldg. is, at the backdoor ot that area, you will find tables to dine, and guess what the backdrop is? nope not Gundam, but the Rainbow bridge and the waters. 100 likes on fb selfies guaranteed.

Akihabara - Yodabashi mall, Bestbuy in steroids, 1 floor dedicated to camera,1 floor dedicated to TV so on so forth. I saw an 8k tv there. and speaking of Akihabara, that was my landmark, that is where most line transfer to other lines and buses are happening, so whenever i hopped on a wrong train, akihabara is my 'RESET' station.

.. all i can say is everytime you get off a station, there's a different sight, scene and atmosphere goin on.

Narita Tobu Hotel - if you have an early flight then this is where its at, free shuttle and literally walking distance to the departure terminal.(but of course, why walk if you have luggage and free shuttle). Its like Marriott but with a Day's Inn price.(maybe i just got lucky)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lined up downstairs at JR office Narita airport to exchange voucher for passes. Very busy. Reserved green seats for Narita Express to Tokyo. Could not reserved for any other days there. Sign said too busy. Next day reserved seats for rest of train journeys at Tokyo station office. Needed Pass to get down in to station in Tokyo.

Signs in English on platform, ticket has time, car seat on it if you are reserving your seat ahead of time. No steps from platform to get on train. Narita express had luggage rack by door but bullet train had very limited luggage space behind back seats. Had to put 24 inch suitcases above seats. Fit well but hard to lift up for most of us. Announcements are made in English for stops in time to get your luggage down. Tokyo, Kyoto. And. Yokohama all had escalators. We took taxi from Shin- Yokoham