Shopping

Boomermomma

Shop the local shops. Almost all of the shops in the port area are not owned or operated by the local population. There are local shops at the end of the "street" if walking straight ahead when leaving the pier. Those shops are on your left. Palm Court Gardens has a shop the sells seashell creations. The items sold at Caribelle Batik are good examples of locally produced items. There are several painters that sell their paintings in town My point is that the shopping at Port Zante is like shopping in most of the stops on your cruise. Jewelry stores, T-shirt & souvenir shops selling products produced in China.

Shop the local shops. Almost all of the shops in the port area are not owned or operated by the local population. There are local shops at the end of the "street" if walking straight ahead when leaving the pier. Those shops are on your left. Palm Court Gardens has a shop the sells seashell creations. The items sold at Caribelle Batik are good examples of locally produced items. There are several painters that sell their paintings in town My point is that the shopping at Port Zante is like shopping in most of the stops on your cruise. Jewelry stores, T-shirt & souvenir shops selling products produced in China.

Does anyone in town have caribelle batik or do I need to go to Romney manor? Does anyone have an idea on taxi to Caribelle? Any good beaches close to port?Things not to miss? Thanks all 31 days to go!

I am not aware of any retail outlet for the batik products from Caribelle. The owner did have a store in town that sold their products but with the expansion of the port fewer people were shopping in town so it closed after many years of operation. You will probably have to go to Romney Manor. The taxi to Romney Manor in Old Road, should cost less than $20 each way.

Edited by paul58