Turtle sanctuary

BichonFrise2001

We are going in November and I look forward to hearing from people will be going on this Cruise on the Grand Princess leaving San Francisco

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I see you are active on your Roll Call. That is the best place to meet others on your cruise. Hopefully someone will answer your questions on the Turtle Sanctuary.

Hi, yes I do have questions. Is it worth it? Do you have any suggestions on what to look for or can you describe a little bit of it for me?

It was worth it for us. The turtle sanctuary isn't fancy, but it has lots of interesting turtles, and it was cool to see how they hatch and raise them for release. I enjoyed releasing a baby turtle into the ocean. I hope that you enjoy the tour!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our 10 Day Cruise and yes, we did the Turtle Excursion with a Private Company.

Very Enjoyable, We Toured the Compound and were able to touch some of the Adults that they have in Holding Ponds. We then went to the Beach and were able to Release a Couple on the Sand and they shortly were carried off by the Surf. You also see where they have the nests that are marked and penned up.

We also did a Boat Tour of the Mangrove area next to The Reserve for 80 Pesos for the 2 of us. Well worth it to see the various species of Birds, Baby Crocks and Tilapia that were there. Lasted about a half hour. Then Proceeded to a remote Town close by and had a Great Lunch at a Restaurant that was Beach-side. Tour outfit was DaniTours. Hope this Helps out for those of you Heading here!! Mark

I'm curious to know if there are a lot of mosquitoes at the Sanctuary? We're looking into this excursion also.

There were some as I got 2 Bites, but I did use Repellent there and the other stops in Mexico, with the exception of Cabo, as I didn't see the need. Mark

It was worth it for us. The turtle sanctuary isn't fancy, but it has lots of interesting turtles, and it was cool to see how they hatch and raise them for release. I enjoyed releasing a baby turtle into the ocean. I hope that you enjoy the tour!

Thank you for your response. We are really looking forward to seeing this . You have been the only one to respond to any of my posts, so thank you how will I know if I'm on the roll call for this princess Cruise?

Thank you for your response. We are really looking forward to seeing this . You have been the only one to respond to any of my posts, so thank you how will I know if I'm on the roll call for this princess Cruise?

I Think I responded as well! There is usually someone on your Cruise that organizes it and contacts Princess prior with a count and coordinates the meeting and time. Just ask about it on The date of sailing that you have. Any other questions about your Cruise, let me know. Mark

Just got back from our 10 Day Cruise and yes, we did the Turtle Excursion with a Private Company.

Very Enjoyable, We Toured the Compound and were able to touch some of the Adults that they have in Holding Ponds. We then went to the Beach and were able to Release a Couple on the Sand and they shortly were carried off by the Surf. You also see where they have the nests that are marked and penned up.

We also did a Boat Tour of the Mangrove area next to The Reserve for 80 Pesos for the 2 of us. Well worth it to see the various species of Birds, Baby Crocks and Tilapia that were there. Lasted about a half hour. Then Proceeded to a remote Town close by and had a Great Lunch at a Restaurant that was Beach-side. Tour outfit was DaniTours. Hope this Helps out for those of you Heading here!! Mark

sounds like you had a great time. Thank you for all the information.