La Romana wonderful excursion

carlakruz

We just returned from the carnival splendor and booked the top 10 tour from the cruise ship, I have reviewed in detail on the cc carnival page. We felt safe and it was really a great tour, worth the money. Don't miss this port

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We just returned from the carnival splendor and booked the top 10 tour from the cruise ship, I have reviewed in detail on the cc carnival page. We felt safe and it was really a great tour, worth the money. Don't miss this port

Can you provide a link to the tour?

I am not the OP but I believe this is this excursion they are talking about offered by Carnival. It looks like 4 out of 7 reviewers would recommend this tour. Reviews there don't sound all that good. I have been trying to figure out what to do there myself when we are there next May.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/la-romana/top-10-best-of-la-romana-428071

Yes that's a nice tour. We've cruised to La Romana and returned to spend a couple weeks at the Dreams resort in Bayahibe because we loved the beauty we saw on our earlier cruise stop.

Prior to our cruise stop I had researched the excursions heavily and found the Saona Island Special excursion offered by Seavis Tours. That's a great excursion via small powerboat visiting a beautiful beach on Saona Island with a great lunch, as well a visit to the Natural Pool with the starfish and a ride along the rocks and mangroves. If interested in something a bit more interesting that showcases the beauty of the area consider that. The staff is excellent, and we saw young couples, families with small kids, and older folks all enjoying this excursion.

During our longer visit we took a catamaran excursion through Pro Excursions, another excellent outfit also based in Bayahibe. We enjoyed the day on their luxury sat, the Quetzal, visiting two areas on Catalina Island which is off the coast of Casa De Campo and has a gorgeous beach and good snorkeling. We then motored up yje River Chavon, and then sailed along the coast where we could see the luxury homes of Casa De Campo. Some folks on the forum ask if it's a rough ride in the boats, and typically it is very smooth. There can be rougher days but they know what they are doing. Our friend had just had shoulder surgery and never had a problem or struggled getting back into the boat at the natural pool.

These were both the highlights of our visits to La Romana, and the staff really takes care of all the guests. If interested you'd want to contact Seavis and Pro E or check out their sites to see what excursion you like and is available to cruisers. They both monitor the Carnival schedule (that often shifts by one hour) and will assure your safe and timely return to the port. You also don't pay anything until you get to their office for the excursion.

Edited by blue_water

I meant to add that we intended to visit the miniature village and enjoy an evening or two in Casa De Campo but we instead spent our time in Bayahibe and Dominicus, two villages that are a $1pp bus ride apart. You can also just taxi there and walk the town, enjoy a nice beach and have a great lunch at one of the beach restaurants.

• 7 months later...
I am not the OP but I believe this is this excursion they are talking about offered by Carnival. It looks like 4 out of 7 reviewers would recommend this tour. Reviews there don't sound all that good. I have been trying to figure out what to do there myself when we are there next May.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/la-romana/top-10-best-of-la-romana-428071

I see you leave on your cruise tomorrow, what did you decide to do in La Romana, I'm headed that way in 3 weeks!! Have a great vacation