How early can we drop off luggage in Copenhagen?

We are meeting a young friend from Europe while we are in Copenhagen pre-cruise. I would like us to spend as much time a possible before we get on the ship.

I was considering going to the ship early, dropping off the luggage, visiting something until 3pm or so and then returning to check in.

Our Check-in time is listed as 11:30-3:30, but I am wondering if we would actually be able to drop the luggage off earlier without going through the check-in process. We are on Royal Caribbean, but I know the port workers are not cruise ship employees, so I am thinking it would be the same no matter which line we were on.

I am wondering about the exact same question and hope someone can help.

Otherwise, if you do get to the port early trying to drop off your luggage, could you let us know if it worked and what time you were there?

Edited by Shenaz
ETA

Otherwise, if you do get to the port early trying to drop off your luggage, could you let us know if it worked and what time you were there?

Yes, I will. I am hoping we can do it around 10:30.

I am thinking of asking over on the Royal Caribbean board. If I get an answer there, I will post it here.

I asked on the Royal Caribbean board, and many people said they plan to be there to check in, or did check-in, between 10:30 and 11:00, - so I would say 10:30 is probably the earliest you could count on, very likely you could drop it off a little earlier - like 10:00? But the check-in might not be open yet.

We will no longer try to drop luggage off ahead because I was reminded that I can probably just have the hotel store it until we are ready to go to the ship. I already contacted the hotel and they will do that for us. The place we want to see that morning is closer to the hotel than the port anyway - so it works out better this way.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

On any cruise I've been on, there has never been a reason you cannot drop off your luggage and then disappear and then return later to do checkin and boarding. Dropping luggage and checking in are 2 different tasks at the port. So, it all depends on when they are ready to accept luggage drop off. This varies from cruise to cruise and is largely dependent on when they finish up with unloading the previous cruise. But usually by 9:30 or 10 they are accepting baggage for the next cruise.

• 2 months later...

Following up on this for everyone who needs to know: there is a baggage drop-off at the right side of the cruise terminal. We were able to leave our luggage there already very early in the morning. I think it must have been around nine o'clock and it was absolutely no issue.