Copenhagen, hotels and Taxis

A little reading on this board would reveal a Hilton right at the airport, and a taxi from the airport to the port would about $50. Can't translate that into pounds.

There is a new terminal at the port commonly discussed here. I believe that terminal is closer to the airport, but I could be wrong.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Actually the new terminal is located further out.

If I was you I would go for a hotel close to the central station.

Catch a train to the central station and take a taxi to the cruise pier the next morning.

If you can add some information about date, price range etc I can come with a few suggestions.

We stayed at the airport Hilton, and it did the job very well.

It's quite expensive (but then all hotels in Copenhagen are). If you aren't planning on going into the city then I think it's a good option. You only need to move all your bags once then.

Thank you all -

Keithjenner do you happen to know what the taxi cost would be from the Hilton to the cruise port?

I'm afraid I don't.

We used the train/bus which is the most cost effective way of doing it, but not the best option for everyone, especially with luggage.

When we did our trip out of Copenhagen we stayed at the Adina Apt Hotel.

Amerika Pl. 7, 2100 København, Denmark

Nice clean place by the port. It was a train ride in and we walked to the hotel from the train station but the hotel was a good mile down the road from the train stop. It was about 20 minutes on the train.

I'd suggest using Uber or a Cab to get to the hotel from the Train Station. But it was quick and easy to take the train and it was nice being close to the port.

There is a coffee shop next door and a grocery as well. Its walking distance to one of the piers from there but the pier our ship left out of was a cab ride. But it was a quick 10 minute ride to the pier.

They have bikes for rent if you like to bike, we biked all through downtown from the hotel and the Kastellet Fort is close by.

Just an idea if you have it in you after your flight and want to be closer to the port.

-Sean

PS - The train to Oesterport was about 10$ for 2 of us. 5$ uber ride and 7.50 for a cab to the port. Adina Apt was about 120$ US a night.

Edited by wilmingtech