Excursions at Labadee and Falmouth that are toddler friendly?

williamsk

Hi,

Trying to decide if there are any toddler friendly excursions for Labadee or Falmouth that anyone would recommend? My husband and I have an 8 yo, 3yo, and 18 month old twins.

Our default is a beach day, but I am just wondering if there are any alternatives?

Labadee is a beach day, courtesy of the ship. You don't need ANY excursions there! Let the kids run, play, splash and dig in the sand. Food is provided from the ship. Cheap, fun day in a beautiful place.

Jamaica...a totally different story....head to your library and pick up a book on Jamaica. Falmouth is a manufactured port for the cruise line. Nothing really close. Read up on it!

We took that itinerary with a 20-month-old last winter.

Labadee is a beach day. I don't recall any excursions that are toddler friendly (jet skis, zip line, etc.) Google the map of Labadee. The south side with the smaller beaches (Nellie's beach is the one we mostly stayed at) had very calm water for little ones. Columbus Cove is quieter, from the research I did. The north side of the island with the big beach (that the zip line goes over) has rougher waters. There is also a splash pad on the island that my little girl liked. Food was mediocre with long lines, in my opinion, but YMMV. Maybe we just went at a bad time. I found one bathroom on the island with a changing table. I believe it was in the Columbus Cove area.

Most of the excursions from Falmouth are quite a drive. We just explored the port area, ate some lunch, and then took advantage of fewer people on board and enjoyed the water area for babies. The Jamaica board can tell you plenty about Falmouth and the area if you're set on an excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree, Labadee is a beach day you don't want to miss. The last time we visited Jamaica with a 2.5, 1.5 and 6 month old we booked a day pass through resort for a day. We were supposed to go to Jewel Runaway Bay but rough waters led to us docking in Montego and not Falmouth. We ended up a Hilton Rose Hall and had a fabulous day. Your old kids will love the water park at each Jewel or Hilton. The twins, probably the same if they are water babies as both feature lazy rivers.

Otherwise, if you aren't looking for a beach/resort day you may want to look at rafting (not white water) down the Martha Brae. This was reco I received but ultimately decided to go with the beach day in Falmouth.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a over the water cabana at Nellie's beach at Labadee...and it was perfect! It was so nice to have a "home" to dump stuff...it's a cove, so no huge waves...the sand was wonderful...we had a fantastic day and it has been the favorite port ever for my family! As a mom, and a early childhood educator...it's the perfect place for a family day on Labadee!

Jamaica....we didn't get off the ship... ;)

Mary Anne

Agree, Labadee is a beach day you don't want to miss. The last time we visited Jamaica with a 2.5, 1.5 and 6 month old we booked a day pass through resort for a day. We were supposed to go to Jewel Runaway Bay but rough waters led to us docking in Montego and not Falmouth. We ended up a Hilton Rose Hall and had a fabulous day. Your old kids will love the water park at each Jewel or Hilton. The twins, probably the same if they are water babies as both feature lazy rivers.

Otherwise, if you aren't looking for a beach/resort day you may want to look at rafting (not white water) down the Martha Brae. This was reco I received but ultimately decided to go with the beach day in Falmouth.

Tagong I am considering Hilton Rose Hall for a day with my 3 year old, but our port time in Falmouth is 10:30am-7pm, so I am wondering how long we'd be at the resort? My LO usually naps in the afternoon, although I have a feeling this vacation may change all that for us! Can you enjoy both beach and pool there? Really trying to decide if it's worth it for us!

Hilton Rose Hall is pretty close to Falmouth, only about 20 minutes. The main pool is huge and gorgeous. Then they have another pool area with a swim up bar, lazy river and water slides. They just added a new beach section which is nice. Food was also awesome. My 7 year old had pizza, jerk pork, some desserts and snacks and loved it all. It was pricey but really worth it.

Hilton Rose Hall is pretty close to Falmouth, only about 20 minutes. The main pool is huge and gorgeous. Then they have another pool area with a swim up bar, lazy river and water slides. They just added a new beach section which is nice. Food was also awesome. My 7 year old had pizza, jerk pork, some desserts and snacks and loved it all. It was pricey but really worth it.

Was the beach rocky? We are really considering taking our 3 year old!