Tri-rail transfer to metro

majmaj4

Hi, thinking of taking the tri-rail from pompano beach (north of FLL to port of Miami. On a Sunday

From looking at google maps it seems to recommend transferring to metro at tri-rail on other tips to get to POM it seems to recommend transferring to metro at the airport.

Is one easier than the other?

Would it be easier to catch a cab a college bayside metro mover station or one of the metro stations( historic Overton or government center)

Otherwise would be 2 shuttles one to FLL and another to POM.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shortest transit time is to transfer from Tri-Rail to Metrorail at the Amtrak stop on NW 79 St. But it is a bit more passenger-friendly to do so at the MIA Airport station, though I believe the Tri-Rail fare will be slightly higher.

Taking Metrorail to Downtown Miami just get off at Government Center and look for a taxi--or be ready to call for one (or Uber if so inclined). Transferring from Metrorail to Metromover with luggage is not easy--and getting down from Metromover to street even less so.

Hi, thinking of taking the tri-rail from pompano beach (north of FLL to port of Miami. On a Sunday

From looking at google maps it seems to recommend transferring to metro at tri-rail on other tips to get to POM it seems to recommend transferring to metro at the airport.

Is one easier than the other?

Would it be easier to catch a cab a college bayside metro mover station or one of the metro stations( historic Overton or government center)

Otherwise would be 2 shuttles one to FLL and another to POM.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is nothing historic about Overtown. It is one of the most crime ridden neighborhoods in the US and you certainly will not find a cab at the Overtown Metrorail station.

When I ride TriRail, I just transfer to the MetroRail at the Metro Station.

If you don't follow fishywood's advice, you can get off at government center or Brickell and get a cab there.

If the Govt stop is also a rough neighborhood on a Sunday morning - then I wont do it. But I like taking public transportation when it is a reasonable alternative (safe - not too much hassle) - cheaper ,more energy efficient, and often a learning experience. Does the transfer at Tri-Rail or Airport - involve a lot of stairs?

$50 more to spend somewhere else on vacation

I plan to rent a car on the way back to allow some site seeing.

If the Govt stop is also a rough neighborhood on a Sunday morning - then I wont do it. But I like taking public transportation when it is a reasonable alternative (safe - not too much hassle) - cheaper ,more energy efficient, and often a learning experience. Does the transfer at Tri-Rail or Airport - involve a lot of stairs?

$50 more to spend somewhere else on vacation

I plan to rent a car on the way back to allow some site seeing.

Yes, there are steps but there are also elevators.

You should be fine on a Sunday morning at the Government Center stop.

Government Center stop is the main station in downtown Miami.

Metro Rail has a level entrance to the cars.

The sky will not be falling when you arrive there.

Take the escalator to the street, there will be taxis across the street.

How do I Know, I've done this dozens of times on my bicycle and to three

cruises.

You can also take tri-rail to Miami Airport (last stop) and Super Shuttle to the port.

If there is more than one of you, it makes more sense to take an Uber or Lyft.

The Tri-Rail station is at the Miami Airport Car Rental Center. The 3-letter code for the car rental center is RCC. Head for the taxi/shuttle pickup area and use this code when you summon the Uber/Lyft . The driver will know exactly where you are.

On weekends, Tri-Rail has a $5 flat rate to ride all day.