Paytollo toll payment app

sportmorgan

I read about Paytollo here a while back. Got an email from them that the app now works in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area (I think it was originally piloted in central Florida).

There is a promo code (5DRIVE) that gives you a $5 toll credit when you sign up.

My trip isn't until April, so I haven't tested it. But I did download the app and see it has a section you can fill out for "temporary vehicle" that would seem to make it suitable for use with a rental car.

Has anyone actually used the app to pay tolls, without having to get a Sunpass or pay extra fees to a rental car agency?

Hi,

This is a real program. Currently available with iOS (the android version coming soon). PayTollo uses your phone to pay for tolls. If you keep the app active while driving, you will see a list of the tolls in the pending tolls dashboard. Then, clicking "PayTollo Now" you can pay for them at the end of your trip.

If using a temporary vehicle (rental or borrowed), be sure to update the date and time of when you end your use of the vehicle.

The current service area is all of Florida. For details see this page.... http://www.paytollo.com/pt_florida

Disclosure: This is an official PayTollo response. :)

PayTollo - Stay in the express lane and avoid waiting in cash lanes or getting a TollByPlate invoice in the mail.

What is the surcharge?

from their web site:

Auto Replenish (recommended)

Replenish accounts incur less convenience fees. The account starts with a balance of $20 charged from the selected payment method. When the account balance reached a threshold of $5, an automatic care occurs to bring the balance to $20. For each credit or debit card transaction there is a $0.40 convenience fee.

Pay As You Go

The account requires a $5 deposit. The first generated toll triggers a 4 day pre-authorization for $20 to the selected payment method and bundles up to $20 worth of toll crossings within that time period. After the 4 days or if you reach $19.60 in toll crossings, your pre-authorization will settle for the total amount of toll crossings plus a $0.40 convenience fee. Toll fees are bundled to reduce your convenience fees. Note: Auto Replenish account type is typically the best value.

What is the surcharge?

In Florida, PayTollo drivers pay the published cash rate for toll/bridge crossings. In the app, under "Map", each toll can be found in Florida and upon click will show its name and cost.

If you plan a lot of driving, use "Auto Replenish". If just a little driving, use "Pay-As-You-Go".

NOTE: The "Pay-As-You-Go" deposit is now optional (you will see that in the app v1.2.26).

Disclosure: This is an official PayTollo response. : )