FLL area hotel pre cruise

suesrn3

I am looking at booking the Sheraton Suites Plantation for 2 nights pre cruise (11/3-11/5). Prices on anything near the beach in Ft Lauderdale is sky high due to the boat show and the Hyatt on value trips is not available for those days. :(

I have stayed in Hollywood near/on beach and would stay again as it is not too far from port but just thought we could try something different?? We will get a car so driving is not a problem. Any thoughts on the hotel and/or area??

Thanks

I am looking at booking the Sheraton Suites Plantation for 2 nights pre cruise (11/3-11/5). Prices on anything near the beach in Ft Lauderdale is sky high due to the boat show and the Hyatt on value trips is not available for those days. :(

I have stayed in Hollywood near/on beach and would stay again as it is not too far from port but just thought we could try something different?? We will get a car so driving is not a problem. Any thoughts on the hotel and/or area??

Thanks

Prices in FLL go up about 150 to 200% on Oct 1.

Thanks

The Hampton Inn-Plantation has both an airport shuttle and port shuttle and is a better location than the Sheraton.

I agree with Hamptin Inn Plantation, stayed there and it was a great location, free shuttles from airport to hotel and the to the pier the next day. Plantation is a great option.

It's also walking distance to two malls with dozens of restaurants, a Publix Grocery Story and a Total Wine.

I agree with Hamptin Inn Plantation, stayed there and it was a great location, free shuttles from airport to hotel and the to the pier the next day. Plantation is a great option.

We're looking for a hotel for a pre-cruise (out of POM) night after flying into FLL in February. Looks like a good location and prices are a little more reasonable than other areas. Downside appears to be the usual shuttle companies that are recommended on these boards to go from FLL area to POM don't pick up from hotels in this area.

It's also walking distance to two malls with dozens of restaurants, a Publix Grocery Story and a Total Wine.

What do you know about the La Quinta FLL airport? It is near Oakwood Plaza. Are the restaurants and shops close enough to walk? I know we have to cross the canal. Do you know if it is a safe area after dark so we can hit some bars? Thanks:confused:

We're looking for a hotel for a pre-cruise (out of POM) night after flying into FLL in February. Looks like a good location and prices are a little more reasonable than other areas. Downside appears to be the usual shuttle companies that are recommended on these boards to go from FLL area to POM don't pick up from hotels in this area.

Walking distance from the Hampton (but they would probably shuttle you) is an Avis Car Rental on the north side of Westfield Mall. You could rent a car and drop it in Miami. I believe they have a location close to Port Miami that you can drop the car and catch the shuttle. The total rate will be lower there than the airport because there are far fewer taxes and fees.

Otherwise, you ride the Hampton Inn's airport shuttle back to FLL and catch a shuttle to PortMiami.

What do you know about the La Quinta FLL airport? It is near Oakwood Plaza. Are the restaurants and shops close enough to walk? I know we have to cross the canal. Do you know if it is a safe area after dark so we can hit some bars? Thanks:confused:

I actually stayed there twice in September.

Yes..yes...yes...yes (But only if consider Dave and Buster's and Hollywood Ale House bars).

Edited by Lido_Deck

So I assume no one has any info on the Sheraton Suites in Plantation??:rolleyes:

I drive by it almost every day. It used to be attached to a mall which has been vacant for years and now they are in the process of tearing it down.

We stayed at Hyatt Place Plantation in March for one night pre-cruise. The room was clean with a separate seating area. The sofa was a bit worn, but everything was clean so that didn't bother us. The breakfast buffet in the morning is decent, with hot and cold cereal, pastry, fruit, juice and hot skillet breakfast. Free shuttle available from the airport to the hotel, shuttle service for a small fee to the cruiseport, as well as local attractions, including Sawgrass Mills. The front desk manager and staff were very helpful.

We stayed at Hyatt Place Plantation in March for one night pre-cruise. The room was clean with a separate seating area. The sofa was a bit worn, but everything was clean so that didn't bother us. The breakfast buffet in the morning is decent, with hot and cold cereal, pastry, fruit, juice and hot skillet breakfast. Free shuttle available from the airport to the hotel, shuttle service for a small fee to the cruiseport, as well as local attractions, including Sawgrass Mills. The front desk manager and staff were very helpful.

The port shuttle is complimentary.

We're conveniently located near I-595, I-75 and I-95, and less than 10 miles from the Fort Lauderdale Airport with a free airport shuttle daily from our hotel in Plantation, FL. Our cruising guests will appreciate our free one-way shuttle to Port Everglades.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-plantation-FLLPTHX/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

We have stayed there, but it has been 4 or 5 years ago. The area is fine. Shopping and restaurants close. The hotel was nice. Liked the separate sleeping and living area.

Basically just following for info!!

We are looking for a good priced hotel, with shuttle services to & from airport/hotel/cruise port in the month of Feb. pre-cruise only.

So very excited to be back on a cruise!!

http://www.sunny.org has all the hotel and FLL area tourist info you need. Have a great cruise! :)

Just a note, I wouldn't worry about the hotel having a shuttle as sometimes it's so busy it isn't worth it. We always book a private shuttle and for a small fee we are guaranteed a time and don't have to jockey for position with all the other passengers heading to the cruise port. In Fort Lauderdale, we booked JR Shuttle - they were great, and it was only $5/pp.

Where can you request JR Shuttle? We usually request for mini van taxi since we usually have around 8 pcs of luggage when we do long cruises. Is it better than an Uber? Never a fan of hotel shuttles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Google does not work for you? :confused:

http://www.jrshuttle.com/

I would also check with SAS, QLS, MJS, and Go Airport shuttle. With that many bags (you pack like my wife! :o) you would need UberXL or a mini-van taxi (ask the hotel front desk to call the cab for you - they know who to call).

Any recent reviews for JR Transportation...we're a group of 7 that includes a 3yo and they said they would provide a car seat (no, not taking ours since we will have a Budget rental pre-cruise that includes a car seat)...we need to go from PE to FLL...We always use taxi's but with a little with us this time doesn't seem like an option. JR is quoting us $6.00pp....Thoughts ?...Thanks.

Any recent reviews for JR Transportation...we're a group of 7 that includes a 3yo and they said they would provide a car seat (no, not taking ours since we will have a Budget rental pre-cruise that includes a car seat)...we need to go from PE to FLL...We always use taxi's but with a little with us this time doesn't seem like an option. JR is quoting us $6.00pp....Thoughts ?...Thanks.

I vote YOUR PEOPLE be the test subjects and report back to us. :D