Spain Day Tours

onthegogirl

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this, life got in the way. In Lisbon we used Lisbon Walkers, very nice 4 hour walking tour for just 6 of us and our guide knew great places to send us for lunch after the walk and gelato after lunch. The company that did a no show/no call on us in Bilboa is toursofbasque.com. They are a husband and wife team, she drives, he guides. I understand that things happen, mistakes are made but the real test is how you handle those mistakes and they did a poor job of it with us. Once we finally got him on the phone he claimed our tour was for two days later. Our friend who booked the tour and paid for it in advance had all of her emails showing the correct date. We later found out that the "other" group was also from our roll call and while they enjoyed the tour the company's van broke down once they got back from the Basque country so they had to cab back to the ship from Bilboa. Doing my own research I found google to be my friend but plan well ahead because on the days that ships are in the guides get very very busy. I used to rely heavily on trip advisor too but now they are part of Viator I don't really trust them as much. We did a Viator tour of Park Guell in Barcelona after our cruise and it was just a waste. Poorly planned, poorly executed. Promised a small group walking tour and there were 30 of us......

Thank You Mr. Click for this info. I am not happy to hear about your very unfortunate experience with Tours of Basque in Bilbao since this is the very company we have booked and deposited our private tour with for 2017. Very concerning to say the least....

I plan to contact the owner of the company (Zach & Irene) to discuss this further so we as a group of 6 can decide if we want to keep our tour booking with his company.

His communication and helpfulness was outstanding when trying to decide about booking the tour, however to read what unfortunately happened to you and your group puts an entire different light on the subject.

Thanks again for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked with Danny whose business this is. You will see the rave reviews on Tripadviser.We went on a city tour with a trip out to Albufera lake and nature reserve and then for paella cooked over burning wood. Wonderful day and Danny speaks english with no accent so he is informative and we understood every word.

He took photos of us all day and emailed then to us for no extra cahrge.

Wonderful. Do not hesitate to book him for a cruise excursion or trip if you are in Valencia on holiday

• 1 month later...

On our most recent and last year's Transatlantic cruise, we took several tours with Spain Day Tours. All of them have been just outstanding. They include the most important sites and allow the right amount of time at each site. Last year we did a Barcelona city tour; as well as the Montserrat tour during our pre-cruise stay in Barcelona. Then we did tours of Valencia and Grenada, while in Malaga. This year we did another outstanding tour from Palma de Mallorca. I have found their prices to be very reasonable and tour guides quite knowledgeable, professional and friendly. You can see what we did on all those tours on our website, which is linked to in our signature.

• 3 weeks later...

We toured with Spain Day Tours in both Malaga and Cadiz when our ship was in port. From Malaga we took a day tour to Granada and from Cadiz we went to Seville. On each of these trips (60-90 minutes each way) we rode in a large group on a comfortable bus. Upon arriving in each of these cities we were then met by tour guides and split into SMALL groups for touring. We saw our fellow cruisers on similar tours (at much greater expense) following around ONE tour guide for the duration of their visits. We really enjoyed our tours and would highly recommend them for the price and value!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We had a fabulous excursion in Tenerife with Spain Day Tours. A very comfortable van, a guide with so much knowledge, a chance to see the most important places.....everything was perfect!......we will recommend them for sure!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this, life got in the way. In Lisbon we used Lisbon Walkers, very nice 4 hour walking tour for just 6 of us and our guide knew great places to send us for lunch after the walk and gelato after lunch. The company that did a no show/no call on us in Bilboa is toursofbasque.com. They are a husband and wife team, she drives, he guides. I understand that things happen, mistakes are made but the real test is how you handle those mistakes and they did a poor job of it with us. Once we finally got him on the phone he claimed our tour was for two days later. Our friend who booked the tour and paid for it in advance had all of her emails showing the correct date. We later found out that the "other" group was also from our roll call and while they enjoyed the tour the company's van broke down once they got back from the Basque country so they had to cab back to the ship from Bilboa. Doing my own research I found google to be my friend but plan well ahead because on the days that ships are in the guides get very very busy. I used to rely heavily on trip advisor too but now they are part of Viator I don't really trust them as much. We did a Viator tour of Park Guell in Barcelona after our cruise and it was just a waste. Poorly planned, poorly executed. Promised a small group walking tour and there were 30 of us......

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, not even my experience was great with this tour company unfortunately :(

We did the Malaga to Alhambra tour with Spain Day Tours. The sign at the bus said "Top Day Tours" which caused a bit of confusion at the outset. Other than that everything went very smoothly. The guide was knowledgable, spoke good English and helpful. After our Alhambra tour one of the members got separated. Despite the tour guides very clear and reacted instructions to meet at a predefined hotel lobby the gentleman was not there. The guide waited and after that called various people and left instruction for the errant traveller to take a taxi and meet at the nearby town center. Happily the person was reunited with the group.

Alhambra of course lives up to its high expectation. The gardens were amazing, the palaces were spectacular and the knowledgable Alhambra guide made the history come alive. A place that should be on everyones bucket list.

We toured with Spain Day Tours in both Malaga and Cadiz when our ship was in port. From Malaga we took a day tour to Granada and from Cadiz we went to Seville. On each of these trips (60-90 minutes each way) we rode in a large group on a comfortable bus. Upon arriving in each of these cities we were then met by tour guides and split into SMALL groups for touring. We saw our fellow cruisers on similar tours (at much greater expense) following around ONE tour guide for the duration of their visits. We really enjoyed our tours and would highly recommend them for the price and value!

+On the tour to Seville form Cadiz, I understand there is a good amount of walking. Is any of it up and down hills? Are their opportunities to rest during the walking period?

• 3 weeks later...

Recently returned from a trans Atlantic on the Celebrity Silhouette; Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam. Stopped for the day in Lisbon and used Span Day tours for 6 of us in this port. Got to see everything we wanted and had a great tour. We all very much enjoyed our day in the Lisbon area. Our tour guide was very professional and explained the culture and architecture of the areas we visited.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Spain Day tours to anyone. There was a great deal of traffic getting back to the port but it was a Sunday and we did make it in plenty of time. Great time.

• 4 weeks later...

Spain Day Tours

Just returned from a 12-day Oceania cruise including a number of ports in Spain and Portugal. We found this tour company to be reliable and informative. They provide a very good tour for a reasonable price. We visited Granada and the Alhambra after arriving in Malaga. Also, toured in Lisbon and Sintra.

We recommend this company.

Wooody Z

We were on a 7-night RCI cruise out of Southampton and I booked two private tours for 4 persons with Spain Day Tours for Vigo, Spain and Lisbon, Portugal. Both tours were quite nice - professional, courteous and knowledgeable guides. There was an issue with "ship time" vs. local time in Spain - I don't know why RCI makes this an issue and thus a source of confusion - we have never had this with Celebrity. However, our guide was waiting for us when we debarked and all was well.

We used Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) for our TA ports. RCCL Freedom of the Seas. We had a lovely experience in each port. Lisbon, Cadiz to Seville, Malaga to Granada, Palma de Mallorca and 1/2 day in Barcelona post cruise. All guides spoke English very well and although the bus ride to both Seville and Granada was long, the bus was comfortable and we stopped mid way for a potty break. I highly recommend this tour company.

We used Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) for our TA ports. RCCL Freedom of the Seas. We had a lovely experience in each port. Lisbon, Cadiz to Seville, Malaga to Granada, Palma de Mallorca and 1/2 day in Barcelona post cruise. All guides spoke English very well and although the bus ride to both Seville and Granada was long, the bus was comfortable and we stopped mid way for a potty break. I highly recommend this tour company.

Hello, Echokat. Can you tell me the details of the Cadiz to Seville tour with Spain Day Tours? We are on the fall TA in October and are considering this excursion. Did the guides use a microphone and headsets when walking in Seville? Was there commentary on the bus/van ride to Seville? Any information is appreciated.

• 2 months later...

We booked Spain Day Tours for 2 half day tours from our Royal Caribbean Cruise ship. The first 1/2 day tour was in Lisbon, Portugal. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we had an interesting time touring Lisbon. It's not the cleanest City but there are some beautiful overlooks that our guide took us to.

The second 1/2 day tour was in Vigo, Spain. This is a beautiful place to visit and we would go back. Our tour guide was excellent! They used a taxi van here so all his attention was on giving us info. His name was Dario and I would highly recommend him.

All was on time and they were very helpful to my mom who is 86 and tires easily.

Hello, Echokat. Can you tell me the details of the Cadiz to Seville tour with Spain Day Tours? We are on the fall TA in October and are considering this excursion. Did the guides use a microphone and headsets when walking in Seville? Was there commentary on the bus/van ride to Seville? Any information is appreciated.

On our Spain Day Tour to Seville, the guide on the bus gave us a detailed commentary about Seville and it was interesting. When we got to Seville, the expert Seville guide gave us headsets and he gave very good explanations of what we saw. I was very pleased with the company overall. It was a beautiful day and the spring fair was going on with many decorated carriages and horses and people in their flamenco clothes. Wonderful!!

Sorry I am so late getting back to you, but I don't check cruise critic too often.

• 3 weeks later...
On our Spain Day Tour to Seville, the guide on the bus gave us a detailed commentary about Seville and it was interesting. When we got to Seville, the expert Seville guide gave us headsets and he gave very good explanations of what we saw. I was very pleased with the company overall. It was a beautiful day and the spring fair was going on with many decorated carriages and horses and people in their flamenco clothes. Wonderful!!

Sorry I am so late getting back to you, but I don't check cruise critic too often.

Thank you for your reply. We will be on this tour in just 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Spain Day Tours is an excellent tour operation. We took a tour is Lisbon (they operate under Top Day Tours in Portugal) and we had a fantastic experience. Our guide, Alex, was amazing and the best guide we have ever had on any excursion. This company was very responsive to all our communications prior to leaving for our trip and responded quickly to all questions via email. They were extraordinary in every way. I highly recommend them.

We recently did a Transatlantic on Caribbean Princess. We used Spain Day Tours(Top Day Tours) in Lisbon for Lisbon, Sintra & Estoril Tour. Our guide was very good. Enjoyed the Pena Palace and all the places we stopped. Would definitely use them again. We did it with a group from the ship & found out about it on Cruise Critic. Highly recommend this tour.

• 6 months later...

We just completed a Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. On the way we stopped in Tenerife, Cartagena and Barcelona. We used Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) in these ports and I would definitely recommend them. In Barcelona we had the tour and then they were able to drop us off near the Sagrada Familia so that we could do an inside tour on our own. The tour guide on all of the tours were excellent. Ula was our guide in Cartagena and she was so passionate about the history that it made the tour even more outstanding. Our guides for Tenerife and Barcelona were also excellent but I do not have their names. I would definitely recommend this company.

Like everyone else, we had a great experience with Spain Day Tours. On our Barcelona/Montserrat tour, our guide Marta was a true encyclopedia of the entire area. A 10+ tour.

• 3 weeks later...

We just sailed on a TA from San Juan to Rome and used Spain Day Tours (Top Day Tours) for tours in Tenerife, Alicante, and Valencia. We were met outside the ship as planned and toured on clean, comfortable small busses. Our guides were wonderful - professional, enthusiastic, and knowledgable!

I highly recommend Spain Day Tours and already have two more tours booked with them later this year.

We're using Spain Day Tours for a few tours during our cruise in October so I can't speak to the actual tours yet but if their tours are anything like their prompt and informative replies to emails, Spain Day Tours is top notch! I get same day (if not same hour depending on the time of day due to the time difference) responses to emails and the detailed info is fantastic. Plus they anticipate questions I hadn't even thought about.

I highly recommend Spain Day Tours!