Car Rental companies that don't have a shuttle?

Cruiseoholic000

I am thinking of renting a car in Maui, Kauai, Hilo. Are there any rental companies I should stay away from as they don't have a shuttle to the airport?

Confusing question to me. R U looking at renting and being picked up at cruise pier and returning to cruise pier or airport?

The normal procedure is you get picked up at the pier and taken to rental company (they are all located in one central area together) upon returning you drop car off at same place as you picked up and then your shuttled back to pier.

When you go to Discount Hawaii Car Rentals, in the top right hand corner of their web site, click on more, then click on pier pick up. Make sure you click on the correct port and it will tell you if that company has shuttles automatically running or you need to call for one. Dollar/Thrifty have automatic. About the only one you have to call for at any port is Enterprise it looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Discount Hawaii Car Rental in Kauai, and rented from Budget. They had a shuttle and it was a quick and easy pickup and drop off. If you book from Discount Hawaii Car Rental, you can do all your rentals at once and if you have questions, give them a call, they have great customer service. They also give you a second driver free. We had to cancel one of our reservations, last minute and it was super easy and no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

There are indeed shuttles in Kauai and all other ports. Try auto slash.com. Auto slash uses the major rental car companies, no credit card required and after you make a reservation, they continue to check for lower prices.

If you sign up for the programs, like thriftys blue chip program, you can pick up your car very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I requested rental prices and availability from Discount Hawaii Car Rental for an economy car in Hilo, Kona, Nawiliwili, Lahaina, and Honolulu. They came back with what I consider much higher prices. If I go to a couple of the car companies individually, like Advantage and Enterprise, they come back with a maximum of $24 per day unlimited mileage. Discount Hawaii gave me prices of $72 for Honolulu and $57 for Lahaina to include the following:

An 11.1% Airport Concession Fee, Excise Tax 4.166%, $3 daily Vehicle

Surcharge, $4.50 daily Facility Fee, Vehicle License Fee up to .50 cents daily.

So, think I will book with the companies directly and not get ripped off.

Already booked a car in Kahului from Enterprise. We are stopping there on January 12 of this year.on the Oceania Sirena. Oceania is not offering any shore excursions in Maui. We will drive to upcountry for a few hours.We have to be back in port by 3:30 so I hope drop off will be easy.Ship departs at 5 PM