Travelling from Barcelona airport to cruise port

Cruizann

My DH and I will be arriving at 10:30 am in Barcelona November 2016 and would like to take a taxi to the cruise port. Will they be readily available, what is the travel time and cost for the trip? Thank you so much for your help.

My DH and I will be arriving at 10:30 am in Barcelona November 2016 and would like to take a taxi to the cruise port. Will they be readily available, what is the travel time and cost for the trip? Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, taxis are plentiful at the airport and located in an easy to find location. It varies some with traffic, but generally it's about 20-30 minutes drive to the cruise port. I haven't done the trip in a few years, so hopefully someone can validate, but I think it's around a 30 euro fare.

None, or if the service has been 'special' (ie good chatty driver), rounding up to the nearest euro.

I insist... the 39€ for this particular fare is flat and inclusive of all supplements. For ALL other fares, the price is based on a time-fare (see below) and includes supplements for entry/departure of the airport or port, luggage, waiting time, etc. Fares for 2016: http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifestaxi2016/13e8e279-5712-426e-8dce-da5f8dd6dc7b The fare airport-port is called T4 (see Fares for 2016)

Edited by EnricM

None, or if the service has been 'special' (ie good chatty driver), rounding up to the nearest euro.

I insist... the 39€ for this particular fare is flat and inclusive of all supplements. For ALL other fares, the price is based on a time-fare (see below) and includes supplements for entry/departure of the airport or port, luggage, waiting time, etc. Fares for 2016: http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifestaxi2016/13e8e279-5712-426e-8dce-da5f8dd6dc7b The fare airport-port is called T4 (see Fares for 2016)

Thank you for the information. :D

We are travelling on the Holland Eurodam on 10/21 from Barcelona, and HAL offers transit to the ship for $24 each. If the taxi is 39 euro, I'll go with the ship's transport. I had a taxi once that charged over the set amount claiming that I was travelling at a premium time. Besides, the ship transport means less baggage handling.

... just to point out: taxi fare is per ride, not per passenger... so it's 39€ for up to four passengers. Just sayin'.

And you're not sitting on a bus waiting for everyone else to arrive, as you would with a ship's transfer. I can't imagine why anyone pays ship transfer charges when Barcelona taxis are so efficient and work out cheaper if there is more than one person.

If you don't want to deal with the taxi lines check out airporttransfertaxi.com. Prices vary with the size of the vehicle you need but your driver will be waiting in the arrivals hall for you. We used them in Amsterdam and Barcelona last month and the service was great. As others have said, 20-30 minutes to the cruise port from the airport.

What about the airport to the center of town. Is a taxi the best thing for an older group of people?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing the same tour listed above with Barcelona Day Tours and being dropped off at our hotel near La Ramblas.

You could also do a taxi but would likely need more than one. Depending on the number of people the tour will likely come out to almost the same as just a taxi once you figure in the taxi fees. At least that was the case for us.

I posted the original question about a taxi to the cruise port from Barcelona airport and now we are 3 people rather than 2. Would there be taxis which could accommodate 3 people and 3 suitcases rather than 2 people and would the cost be 39 euros please? Thank you for all your help EnricM.

I posted the original question about a taxi to the cruise port from Barcelona airport and now we are 3 people rather than 2. Would there be taxis which could accommodate 3 people and 3 suitcases rather than 2 people and would the cost be 39 euros please? Thank you for all your help EnricM.

I did see your post EnricM which said the taxis could accommodate up to 4 people. We are only 3 people but we would have 3 large suitcases and a couple of carry on bags. Would the taxi be able to accommodate us. Thank you again for all of your information EnricM.

Hi...

1.) The cost is measured "by taxi", not "by person", meaning that a 4pax taxi will cost the same regardless you're one person or four. These are the official fares for 2016 -applicable to all companies- including the approved additional charges: http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifestaxi2016/13e8e279-5712-426e-8dce-da5f8dd6dc7b

2.) I cannot reply to that sorry, that'll depend on how big the suitcases are. Note however that cars are practically the same size all over the world and taxis are just regular cars providing a transportation service thus if your suitcases fit in a medium size car, then they'll fit in a taxi. There are all sorts of taxis in Barcelona, from Mercedes to Seat, Citroen, Toyota, Open, Nissan, Ford, Fiat, Volkswagen... and in all sizes, from regular 4pax cars to 7-9pax minivans. If just for info, these are the 'authorised' cars for taxi service in Barcelona: http://taxi.amb.cat/en/taxista/vehicles/vehicles-autoritzats

Edited by EnricM