Crown Plaza Or AC Bella Sky in Copenhagen

gbits

We will be on a Baltic Cruise with friends in September, 2017 which ends in Copenhagen. We will only be staying for one night and then heading to the airport. We have rooms reserved at both the Crown Plaza and the AC Bella Sky, both highly rated on Trip Advisor but which seem to be far from all the city sights. Our friends feel that, since we are spending only 1 night we need to be closer to the city centre to make our short time productive. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels and, if so, did you find it difficult to be farther away? As an alternative, we are looking at the Absalon hotel which seems to be close by to the sights ~ any comments on that hotel?

We have stayed at Crown Plaza Hotel Copenhagen a day before and after cruise. They have a free shuttle from/to airport. But we have to take a taxi to/from the cruise port. There is a mall with a grocery and food outlets almost across the hotel. Across the mall is the train station to city center and tourist attractions. You can purchase fare package tickets at the reception desk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by easyboy

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for both of our Baltic cruises, 2015 and 2014. I really like this hotel due to its proximity to the airport (after flying in from Canada) I don't want to deal with subways/trains etc. Also - like the other poster said, it is right on the metro line and you can be in downtown Copenhagen within 10 minutes.

It is very much in a "planned" precinct, and its proximity to the shopping mall (largest in Denmark I think, but small compared to North American standards) makes it very attractive. Sadly on our next cruise in the area we are sailing out of Hamburg - but if it was CPH, I'd stay at the Crowne Plaza again.

Both very nice hotel - AC is part of Marriott. Convenient for airport

Same shuttle to both hotels - however not free - something like € 2.

Plaza is closer to the Field's shopping mall as well as Ørestad metro and rail station with direct trains to Copenhagen City.

AC is close to Metro Station Bella center.

Take a taxi for the cruise ship

Another vote for the Crowne Plaza. We've stayed there before 2 cruises, the most recent being August of this year. The hotel is very clean, well appointed, with a very friendly and helpful staff. Transportation into downtown Copenhagen is quick and easy whether you use the train or the metro. It's our first choice for a hotel for our next trip to Copenhagen.