Valet parking

sunonfire

I recently used valet parking at Tampa, and when I dropped the car off with the Valet, I tipped $5.00. I tipped the same when I picked the car up on return.

Was that too much, or not enough?

I think it was just right. Tipping is completely up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

We used the valet parking for our December 9, 2016 cruise at Terminal 3. We pre-paid because we knew we would have a guaranteed space. I booked it several days before the cruise. It is non-refundable. On the Port of Tampa's website it does nor say that you have to pre-book but it was a simple process online. If you have any issues there is a phone number and they were very helpful. It was very easy when we got to the port.

We used the valet parking for our December 9, 2016 cruise at Terminal 3. We pre-paid because we knew we would have a guaranteed space. I booked it several days before the cruise. It is non-refundable. On the Port of Tampa's website it does nor say that you have to pre-book but it was a simple process online. If you have any issues there is a phone number and they were very helpful. It was very easy when we got to the port.

Are the attendants for valet right at the cruise terminal where you can drop bags. We're leaving from terminal 2 but I would thing the process is the same for each terminal.

When we pulled up to Terminal 3 there was a separate line for valet parking. We were directed to stop and a porter took all of our bags out of our van. The valet came over and asked if we had our parking pass which we had printed. He took the van and directed us to the valet booth at the front of the terminal. We were given a receipt. They also said that it would be a good idea to take a photo of the receipt with our phone just in case we lost the receipt. There was an elevator right next to the booth so we took it up to the second level and checked in.

FYI: at the end of our cruise we got a porter because we had a total of 10 bags. The porter was thrilled when we said that we had valet parking. There was a separate customs line for guests using the porters. We walked right up to the customs desk. There were long lines for everyone else. The porter put our bags at the curb for the valet. The valet brought our van out in a few minutes and the valet loaded the van. He asked if we knew how to get to the highway and gave some simple directions and we were off. We had just bought the van a couple of weeks earlier so we were a little nervous about leaving it but it was fine.

When we pulled up to Terminal 3 there was a separate line for valet parking. We were directed to stop and a porter took all of our bags out of our van. The valet came over and asked if we had our parking pass which we had printed. He took the van and directed us to the valet booth at the front of the terminal. We were given a receipt. They also said that it would be a good idea to take a photo of the receipt with our phone just in case we lost the receipt. There was an elevator right next to the booth so we took it up to the second level and checked in.

FYI: at the end of our cruise we got a porter because we had a total of 10 bags. The porter was thrilled when we said that we had valet parking. There was a separate customs line for guests using the porters. We walked right up to the customs desk. There were long lines for everyone else. The porter put our bags at the curb for the valet. The valet brought our van out in a few minutes and the valet loaded the van. He asked if we knew how to get to the highway and gave some simple directions and we were off. We had just bought the van a couple of weeks earlier so we were a little nervous about leaving it but it was fine.

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. We're leaving from terminal 2 but I expect the process will be similar.

• 3 weeks later...
Are the attendants for valet right at the cruise terminal where you can drop bags. We're leaving from terminal 2 but I would thing the process is the same for each terminal.

When you return from your cruise please let us know about your valet experience at terminal 2. I have friends sailing from terminal 2 in February. Just curious if it was the same as terminal 3 which was very easy and quick. Thanks and have a great cruise.

I called and asked where I could get the promo code. The port parking said there were no discount codes. It was there if they ever needed it.

We tipped the valet who parked our car - $10. We had a brand new van - only 2 weeks old so were hoping the $10 to the valet would "protect" our car. The young man was very appreciative. When we picked up our car at the end of the cruise it was clean. When we have parked at Port Everglades in the garage it always got dirty and salty. So we were amazed at how clean the car stayed. One other point - the porter was right there when we pulled up to the valet area and he emptied the van. We did not have to touch any bags. When we returned from the cruise, the porter asked for my valet receipt. He must have texted the valet because he took us and our luggage right to the curb. He said that the car would be there in a few minutes and it was. The valet asked how we wanted the van loaded. We did not have to touch any of our luggage - we gave him $10. He was very nice and extremely helpful. We will only use the valet in the future.

I called and asked where I could get the promo code. The port parking said there were no discount codes. It was there if they ever needed it.

We tipped the valet who parked our car - $10. We had a brand new van - only 2 weeks old so were hoping the $10 to the valet would "protect" our car. The young man was very appreciative. When we picked up our car at the end of the cruise it was clean. When we have parked at Port Everglades in the garage it always got dirty and salty. So we were amazed at how clean the car stayed. One other point - the porter was right there when we pulled up to the valet area and he emptied the van. We did not have to touch any bags. When we returned from the cruise, the porter asked for my valet receipt. He must have texted the valet because he took us and our luggage right to the curb. He said that the car would be there in a few minutes and it was. The valet asked how we wanted the van loaded. We did not have to touch any of our luggage - we gave him $10. He was very nice and extremely helpful. We will only use the valet in the future.

Appreciate your response. We value convenience more than anything else. We have a long drive ahead of us and it's important that we can get a quick start. We won't have much luggage but tipping a porter is worth avoiding the lines.

We will only have two or three small carry on bags. What did you tip the porter?

Thanks again.

Edited by RocketMan275

We had 8 checked bags and 3 carry-ons.. The Porter took everything to the curb at the valet area. We gave him $25. I had the money for the valet ready so I gave him $10 but he deserved a little more. There were four of us traveling together. It was a smooth operation.

• 3 weeks later...