Flying into FLL in May (Transportation to Miami/Port & Hotel Question)

I_AM_GROOT

Our Cruise isn't till May 27th, but we are going to be flying in a day early on the 26th from Ft Lauderdale or most of us if we pick Southwest. There will be 6 of us total.

I need to figure out what's the best way to get transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami and to the port without costing us an arm in a leg and a nice hotel that could even provide shuttle service to the miami port for a small fee or even free.

One Idea was taking the Tri Rails from Ft Lauderdale airport and also looking like they provide transportation to the station then take the train to Miami Airport which is about $3.75 for each person, then find an hotel near the train station that's reasonable and offers free breakfast. Then take Uber from the Hotel on the 27th to the port?

Thanks for your help! :)

I've never used Uber before and don't know how it all works and I can't seem to get a estimate on price between points. The other idea was to stay in FLL and use the hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel then take Uber from the Hotel to the port and when we come back we take the Uber from the port to the Tri Rail Station and take the train all the way to FLL airport.

We used Super Shuttle from LAX. They were great. I think they have that service in Ft. lauderdale. When we cruised from Miami we stayed at the Holiday INN Port of Miami. Very nice. Not too expensive. Took a cab to port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our Cruise isn't till May 27th, but we are going to be flying in a day early on the 26th from Ft Lauderdale or most of us if we pick Southwest. There will be 6 of us total.

I need to figure out what's the best way to get transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami and to the port without costing us an arm in a leg and a nice hotel that could even provide shuttle service to the miami port for a small fee or even free.

One Idea was taking the Tri Rails from Ft Lauderdale airport and also looking like they provide transportation to the station then take the train to Miami Airport which is about $3.75 for each person, then find an hotel near the train station that's reasonable and offers free breakfast. Then take Uber from the Hotel on the 27th to the port?

Thanks for your help! :)

This question is asked almost daily so just read down the board or use the search function in the upper right of your screen and you will find plenty of suggestions.

The best solution is to stay in Ft Lauderdale then shuttle to the POM the next day. It's not a good idea to take the TriRail because you have to catch a bus from FLL to the train station, then take the TriRail to MIA where it ends and from there a taxi is $27 to the POM. I guess you could stay at an MIA Airport area hotel with an airport shuttle, but why go through all that trouble?

There are shared shuttles from FLL for $15 per person or you can rent a car, drop it at MIA and then ride the free shuttle to the port. Again, your best solution is to stay at a hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Here is a link to some reviews on Tripadvisor of different transportation options to get from Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34227-Activities-c59-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html

Shared shuttle service companies often mentioned on Cruise Critic include: QLS, SAS, and Jiffy Jeff, to name a few. For our upcoming cruise in February, we chose QLS. You might want to check out their website. They will pick-up at a number of Fort Lauderdale hotels, which are listed on their website. They also offer shared shuttles from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport after the cruise.

Here is a link to some reviews on Tripadvisor of different transportation options to get from Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34227-Activities-c59-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html

Shared shuttle service companies often mentioned on Cruise Critic include: QLS, SAS, and Jiffy Jeff, to name a few. For our upcoming cruise in February, we chose QLS. You might want to check out their website. They will pick-up at a number of Fort Lauderdale hotels, which are listed on their website. They also offer shared shuttles from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport after the cruise.

Thanks for those!

This question is asked almost daily so just read down the board or use the search function in the upper right of your screen and you will find plenty of suggestions.

The best solution is to stay in Ft Lauderdale then shuttle to the POM the next day. It's not a good idea to take the TriRail because you have to catch a bus from FLL to the train station, then take the TriRail to MIA where it ends and from there a taxi is $27 to the POM. I guess you could stay at an MIA Airport area hotel with an airport shuttle, but why go through all that trouble?

There are shared shuttles from FLL for $15 per person or you can rent a car, drop it at MIA and then ride the free shuttle to the port. Again, your best solution is to stay at a hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

I did go through this forum and others and couldn't make up my mind on what we should do, so that's why I asked the question, but I think we'll just end up in FLL and stay in a Marriott (friend gets his work discount from what I've been told)

Given that there are six of you, you might want to rent a vehicle and drive to Fort Lauderdale from MIA. You could then stay at a hotel on the outskirts of town and save yourselves some money on accommodation.

Some of the rental car agencies don't charge a fee for one-way rentals. In addition, they provide a free shuttle service from FLL Airport (where you would drop-off the rental car) to the cruise terminal. Food for thought...

http://Fort-Lauderdale.ca/

Given that there are six of you, you might want to rent a vehicle and drive to Fort Lauderdale from MIA. You could then stay at a hotel on the outskirts of town and save yourselves some money on accommodation.

Some of the rental car agencies don't charge a fee for one-way rentals. In addition, they provide a free shuttle service from FLL Airport (where you would drop-off the rental car) to the cruise terminal. Food for thought...

http://Fort-Lauderdale.ca/

He's not flying into MIA.