ST. Petersburg Visit

Racbolt

Hi Has anyone been on a Baltic Cruise to St. Petersburg. WE are going next July and are to spend 3 days there. I am looking at Excursions for the 3 days and need to find people who have experience of these for their comments. I do not like being herded about and need either a private tour with our own driver etc. or a small group tour.

We did SP and spent 3 days as well....Believe it was a Regent cruise. It was our first major cruise so we took the easy way out and got the ship excursions and they get the visa (I think). But it is only good as long as you are in that group excursion. I think if I were to do it again I would get my own visa so not be attached to any group....more freedom to wander around....which I missed as we always do that in cities (but that is just my husband and I traveling around Europe). That way you browse tours and pick the ones that intrigue you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We chose to get Russian visas as mentioned above, to be able to independently get on and off ship as we desired. We booked individual tours through Peters walking tours. Excellent, personalized tours. Took a taxi to Hermitage, met Peters guide there and DH and I had individualized tour of museum with a very knowledgeable guide. The next day we met a Peters guide and walked around Church on the Spilled Blood and surrounding areas, crossed the river to the palace. If you enjoy getting about in a city without the insulation of a motorized vehicle this is a perfect option. They will set up any tour you would wish, just contact them and express your choices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We used Red October. They suggested a general itinerary for our two days in St. Pete and then we could add or remove things from the itinerary. Fabulous two full days and our guide even added additional stops. Just the two of us, driver and guide and we never had to stand in line waiting to get into any place we stopped. Highly recommend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Has anyone been on a Baltic Cruise to St. Petersburg. WE are going next July and are to spend 3 days there. I am looking at Excursions for the 3 days and need to find people who have experience of these for their comments. I do not like being herded about and need either a private tour with our own driver etc. or a small group tour.

We will be in St Petersburg for 3 days in August and have booked with TJ tours. The main reason was sensible start times (9am) and back at the ship by 5pm this also gives us time to go to the ballet one evening. Remember you go through 3 time zones (I think) on the way losing an hour each time (sailing from UK).

Have a fab time[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Did a private 2 day excursion a few years ago. Highly recommend ! We're treated like royalty. Had river cruise on private boat! No lines, no crowds. Tour company was Denrus. Would definitely do again. They tailored the two days to exactly what we wanted. Very cost effective!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app