Grand Circle and OAT???

mooph

I don't see Grand Circle Travel or their subsidiary, Overseas Adventure Travel, on this forum. Anybody know why? (Now I type that I realize, it would mostly be GCT, since OAT aren't cruises.)

mooph

It could be because, from the Community Guidelines:

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in tone) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

It also means you cannot post links to travel agencies, no matter what the specific reason.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see Grand Circle Travel or their subsidiary, Overseas Adventure Travel, on this forum. Anybody know why? (Now I type that I realize, it would mostly be GCT, since OAT aren't cruises.)

mooph

There is a forum section for River Cruising. But for some reason, not very many posts regarding GCT.

• 4 months later...

I noticed that Grand Circle was not a common thread as well. Mostly Viking, Avalon, and others. As an avid Grand Circle traveler I am assuming that all their cruisers are happy!! Seriously, having been on 3 trips with them, there are a lot of older people that travel with them that are not glued to their computers and thus, would not even think about posting on a forum.

• 2 weeks later...