Global Entry at San Pedro? Any special lines for porters?

Turtles06

Are they using Global Entry yet at the port in San Pedro? I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I suspect not, but thought I'd ask.

Also, in some ports, the porters have their own special line to get you through Customs/Immigration. Is this the case in San Pedro?

Thanks for any info!

Both Immigration and Customs? Usually Immigration is before, Customs is after baggage collection.

Our customs forms have always been collected at the Passport Control window in San Pedro. Same for Long Beach for at least 5 years.

Edited by SadieN

Our customs forms have always been collected at the Passport Control window in San Pedro. Same for Long Beach for at least 5 years.

Same at the Miami cruise terminal. Passport control is after luggage pick up and they collect the form.

Edited by jagoffee

Same at the Miami cruise terminal. Passport control is after luggage pick up and they collect the form.

Left out an important part....

In San Pedro we do CBP before we pick up the luggage.

Just to clarify. Passport Control collects your custom form before you have your luggage? What happens if you are declaring something?

I do not remember from last time at San Pedro, but I will find out this year. I never declare anything, so no big deal.

Just to clarify. Passport Control collects your custom form before you have your luggage? What happens if you are declaring something?

I do not remember from last time at San Pedro, but I will find out this year. I never declare anything, so no big deal.

That was my point. What if you are delaring something, the inspector wants to see it, it is in your checked bag, and you haven't collected your bag yet.

That is why Customs is usually after bag claim. Passport check (Immigration) is usually before. And many people confuse the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from San Pedro.

The CBP was not in place upstairs in their permanent counters. They moved to temporary booths near the exit after luggage pick up. There were three dual

lines, went relatively quickly.