Wine Country around Santiago Chile -Please help plan tours.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:03 PM.
Florida
2,775 Posts
Joined Feb 2000
We disembark in (Valparaiso) Chile. Wanting to know a couple of good wineries to go to. Can you just stop by or do you have to make reservations. Wanting to plan a couple of days in Santiago and in the wine country. Not sure if we should do all this together after 14 days on the ship. But any information may help in planning. Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
All the Best,
Ruth & Larry

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...4D4/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...8-0/edit#gid=0
Canada
651 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Tripadvisor may have more information. You can book tours and I think there is a wine shuttle but please do check Tripadvisor's Chile forum...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Century - 1999 - Western Med
Road Trip - 2002 Canada's East Coast and New England
Land - Southern Africa - 2004
Land - Jamaica - 2005
Land - Switzerland - 2006
Carnival Freedom - 2007 - Eastern Med
Carnival Liberty - November 7, 2009
Celebrity Millenium - September 7, 2012
Celebrity Summit-Bermuda, May 19, 2013
Celebrity Summit Bermuda, May 31, 2015
Carnival Magic September 3, 2016
Celebrity Infinity - November 23, 2017
56 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
There are many companies who offer tours to the wine country. I did tours with Turistek in Santiago before my cruise. You could also rent a car, as the roads seem good and lots of road signs. When we visited the vineyards, there were many families coming in by car and visiting the vineyards. It may depend on the time of season you visit. I'm sure the vineyard websites could give you more information. Hope this helps!