Transportation from Callao to Central Lima

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:26 PM.
135 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I looked back thru several pages of threads but did not see any on this topic. I was hoping to take public transportation but am having a hard time finding information. Any tips? Or at this point any recommendations for setting up a transfer service in advance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Deni
AUSTRALIA
219 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Hi Deni I got caught out in Lima with no one being able to speak English and had a lot of trouble getting a taxi back to port. Where the ship docks they transfer you via bus to the main gate of the port. There are a lot of private taxis who will take you into Central Lima. Make sure you keep this driver with you as the taxi drivers don't know how to get to the port and don't speak English. Luckily there was an expat walking past and helped me to secure a taxi. Once in the taxi he had no idea where to go and every set of lights here would ask the people in the next car how to get to the port. Long story short took us 3 hrs to get back, paid the guy way more than was agreed as he was so lovely and we both whew wiping buckets of nervous sweat away. Made it back with 20 mins to spare. The port is quite a distance and wouldn't even think of oublictrasport

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Palm City, Fl
3,884 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Uber worked very well for us while we were in Lima in December '16.

Uber provides your driver with a route map to your destination.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)