Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel kid friendly activities

vigurl

Hi everyone.

This is my first time taking both kids with my (3 yr old girl and 6 yr old boy). I am looking for kid friendly ideas in these ports.

I have been to GC before and went to the Turtle Farm and may end up doing that again. Would the bus be a good idea with kiddos?

I have also been to Cozumel too many times. I have done an island tour there and then mostly shopped and walked the streets by the port. Anything kid friendly there to do?

I haven't been to Mahogany Bay and its been way too long since I have been to Belize. I do remember the area immediately outside of the port was not developed and we were warned about safety.

Mahogany Bay can be a beach day, rather like the private island, except the food isn't free. But you can go back to the ship to eat. There is a large strawmarket/shopping area with restaurant, and then a walk to the beach area, also with restaurant. there is also a chair lift to the beach area, but you have to pay. Might be fun for the kids, though....Buy a ticket and ride all day. Good area to run off energy. Belize is a long tender ride, so it might end up as another sea day unless you book an excursion. EM

We take our kids out and about. Roatan is my kids favorite port - we have loved private tours with Booden or Island Marketing....iguana farm, monkeys, sloths etc.

Belize is harder but when my little guy was 2, we liked Goff's Caye. There is also the zoo.

Cozumel - check ports of call board as there are plenty of family friendly beaches a taxi ride away. Those or Chankanaab have been our go-to's.

Grand Caymen - how adventurous are the kids? My tween is STILL afraid of the sting rays - but my older has been in the water with them from about 8 years old all on his own. You could do Turtles or 7 mile beach here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We take our kids out and about. Roatan is my kids favorite port - we have loved private tours with Booden or Island Marketing....iguana farm, monkeys, sloths etc.

Belize is harder but when my little guy was 2, we liked Goff's Caye. There is also the zoo.

Cozumel - check ports of call board as there are plenty of family friendly beaches a taxi ride away. Those or Chankanaab have been our go-to's.

Grand Caymen - how adventurous are the kids? My tween is STILL afraid of the sting rays - but my older has been in the water with them from about 8 years old all on his own. You could do Turtles or 7 mile beach here.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check those out, My kids are scardy cats :) I don't think they quite have the temperament for the stingrays yet ;)

The other thing we have done in Belize was Altun Ha and River Wallace. It's a 45-69 min bus ride to the ruins - but if your kids can handle that, the ruins are kid friendly. And the boat ride back is tons of fun - you can see dolphins, manatee, iguanas, bats, money's etc

Our 2.5 yr old LOVED Chankanaab Park in Cozumel!! Lots to see and do - dolphins, crocodiles, pelicans, iguanas (wandering around loose!), and a lovely little beach with tiki huts and warm shallow water to wade in (bring water shoes for your kids, though).

Our 2.5 yr old LOVED Chankanaab Park in Cozumel!! Lots to see and do - dolphins, crocodiles, pelicans, iguanas (wandering around loose!), and a lovely little beach with tiki huts and warm shallow water to wade in (bring water shoes for your kids, though).

This sounds like a perfect option for Cozumel....THANKS!!!!!!

I have been to GC before and went to the Turtle Farm and may end up doing that again. Would the bus be a good idea with kiddos?

YES! Our kids at 7 years old love the turtle farm (and loved it at age 5 also.) Last fall we did the upgraded "Adventure" tour which gives access to the water slide area and the lagoon. Well worth the money and it's an 'easy' excursion.. plentiful transportation, and the farm is well run. We did book direct. I'm not sure what you get via the cruise lines, or how long you get to stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Cozumel has a semi-sub that my Grandson LOVED. They got to see all the fish swimming around and felt like they were in an aquarium. They also have a glass bottom boat that is loads of fun for kids. I believe one of the islands has a pirate ship boat you can go out on.

• 1 month later...
Cozumel has a semi-sub that my Grandson LOVED. They got to see all the fish swimming around and felt like they were in an aquarium. They also have a glass bottom boat that is loads of fun for kids. I believe one of the islands has a pirate ship boat you can go out on.

Thanks both of these options sound great!