Anything intersting near the port?

cruiseelady

I would like to know if there is anything interesting to see or do near the port or 15-25 minutes walking distance from the port? Any beaches, museums, botanical garden, zoos, aquariums or anything else?

There is some shopping near the port. I would get a tour with Shasa, great swimming with turtles!

We were in Barbados in March and did the whole Island thing. We were there again last week and we just wanted to roam around town and see it in a different way. We opted for a $2.00 shuttle ride to town (it is a long walk and it is hot). WE just walked around, went to a great park that had Christmas trees made from the elementary school kids celebrating many nations. We also walked to the old Jewish Synagogue which was very interesting.

We shuttled back to the ship and had a pleasant day.

Cheers

Len

Carlisle Bay and a host of beach clubs are about a 20 minute walk from the port - exit the port, turn right and keep the water on your right. We enjoyed our day at the Boatyard, but Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are two other nearby options, or just pull up a spot of sand and enjoy.

If you prefer not to walk a taxi is about $5 per person (the Boatyard includes a "free" ride back to the port in its admission fee).

Carlisle Bay and a host of beach clubs are about a 20 minute walk from the port - exit the port, turn right and keep the water on your right. We enjoyed our day at the Boatyard, but Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are two other nearby options, or just pull up a spot of sand and enjoy.

If you prefer not to walk a taxi is about $5 per person (the Boatyard includes a "free" ride back to the port in its admission fee).

Thanks, that's exactly what I will do, seems easy enough.

If you go left there is a very pretty beach not too far up the road. But if you go right, you can see the town and the beaches. You don't need to go to the Boatyard and pay the $20 or so, just hit an open beach close to it.

Recommend walking unless it is in the summer :)

If you go left there is a very pretty beach not too far up the road. But if you go right, you can see the town and the beaches. You don't need to go to the Boatyard and pay the $20 or so, just hit an open beach close to it.

Recommend walking unless it is in the summer :)

Thanks, yes that's all I really need, a beach would be great. I don't even need chair or umbrella. I am a fuss free gal, just need a spot to put my bottom down and for it to be a safe place.

Is the water generally calm? I actually don't know how to swim, but I still get into the water.

Thanks, yes that's all I really need, a beach would be great. I don't even need chair or umbrella. I am a fuss free gal, just need a spot to put my bottom down and for it to be a safe place.

Is the water generally calm? I actually don't know how to swim, but I still get into the water.

Very calm and very clear - enjoy! :cool:

• 5 weeks later...
I would like to know if there is anything interesting to see or do near the port or 15-25 minutes walking distance from the port? Any beaches, museums, botanical garden, zoos, aquariums or anything else?

When we visited Barbados two years ago we walked to the Agapey Chocolate Factory and enjoyed a tour through their facility. We booked the tour online and they gave us clear directions on how to get there from the cruise ship. As I recall it was only a 10 - 15 minute walk. Check them out online.

• 3 weeks later...