Transportations options from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.

CTKaren

In May we will be doing a short cruise out of Miami. We will be flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale.

I am looking into transportation ideas. I see there are shuttle options. Does anyone have any experience with any of these companies? Does anyone know if RCCL provide any options?

SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), MJS and Go Airport are other shuttle operators to consider - fares start at about $15 per person, which is about 1/2 of what the cruise line transfer bus will charge.

As suggested above, UberX between POM and FLL runs about $40 for the car, which should easily hold 2 passengers and bags, and might squeeze in 3 if you don't pack like my wife :rolleyes:

Thank you both for your reply's. A lot of good information! Do you know if any of these

services will bring you to the port in Miami or at the end of the cruise to the exact hotel

in Fort Lauderdale? I was reading some will only bring you to the airport.

Uber will take you to the hotel. I believe the shuttles only go to the airport since they are shared rides. If your hotel offers a free airport shuttle from FLL, it may be worth the hassle to save a few bucks. Uber has a fare estimator on their website, so you could see about how much the fare would be .

How many people? if its 4 or less, and not a ton of luggage just use an Uber. POM to Lauderdale area will be around $40.00, most shuttles are $15-$20 a person. The savings, if any with a shuttle are nominal, and the Uber will be quicker and much easier to use.