Flying to Seattle/Cruising from Vancouver: How are cruise line buses?

alj1208

We're going on a HAL cruise out of Vancouver, RT. We are flying into and out of Seattle with a pre-night and post-night at the Seattle airport. We bought HAL's bus transfers from Seattle to Vancouver and back. How long is the bus ride? Is there a lot of waiting around?

I am going to assume since it is a cruise line charter that it will be non-stop from Seattle to Canada Place cruise terminal.

You will have to stop at the US/Canada border - depending on the citizenship status of those on the bus this can be fairly short or lengthy - from my experience it is usually faster with the Canadian authorities than the US ones but that is only my experience.

You will be looking at about a 4 hour trip including the border stop.

As for waiting around it will likely depend on how soon all those on the ship taking the bus get off the ship etc.

Also at both northbound and southbound border crossings you are required to collect your luggage and take it inside with you.

Just a side note - on the return trip through US Customs there are no washrooms available in the customs building so that need will have to be done on the bus.

Hope this helps - hope you have a great cruise and enjoy Vancouver and the TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!

Cheers!

Dennis:)

Very patriotic Dennis;-)

I'd agree with all the logistics above and suggest that you aim to arrive very close to whatever meet time you're told - that way you won't have to hang around. As long as you're not late, nobody can complain about you delaying them - so especially on cruise disembarkation morning take the time to enjoy your brekkie rather than hustling off at 7:30am to then wait around for 90mins (unless there are multiple busloads of people doing this, odds are high that it will be scheduled to leave c.9am since that should be enough time for everyone to be off the ship).

It's a simple process, they load from baggage claim and just fill buses. On cruise day, shouldn't be long waits, unless you get there as a bus is just pulling away. :)

For others there Quick Shuttle also has Canada Place bus service from the airport as well. Greyhound would be the cheapest, simple to get there from a direct light rail stop. I usually pay, around $20+. Then the Skytrain from the Vancouver bus station to Waterfront- walk to the ship.