Shorter cruise to Scotland

Need some help. I am trying to find a 7 day cruise to Scotland. Planning trip for 2019 and starting my research now, so I can compare doing a cruise (my preference) vs. a land vacation.

I can't seem to find anything shorter than 11 days, doesn't matter what line I search (Princess, RCL, NCL, Viking, Celebrity, Cunard, Holland America). Does anyone know of a shorter cruise. There is no way I can get that much time off of work!

I would like to see:

Glasgow

Edinburgh

Inverness

Skye (Portree)

Kirkwall

Now I know I might not be able to see all 5 of those places, but if I could find a 7 day with at least 3 I think I'd take that. I could possibly do 8 days but not really any longer.

I even looked at Barge cruises but I can't imagine locking 5 unsuspecting strangers on a very small fishing boat with my 5 year old:halo:!!

Thanks so much in advance.

I think 2019 is still a bit early for some cruise lines. But you can look for ideas from 2017 and 2018.

Such as Fred Olsen shows a couple this year:

See Scottish Highlands & Islands and Lochs of Scotland on the following to get ideas of 7 day trips

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/Views/Search.aspx?duration=6-7%20nights&searchType=QuickSearch&redirectType=FormSubmit

The Fred Olsen cruise for 2017 looks a great itinerary and you would visit Kirkwall, Inverness and Skye. As Rosyth is one of the ports for Edinburgh you would get the chance to at least spend a little time there. However it's not being repeated in 2018 and as Ray66 said it's too early for 2019.

There are a couple of small lines which cruise the islands off the West Coast of Scotland but that wouldn't satisfy your desire to visit the cities. However you might like to look at Hebridean Princess and Majestic Lines. There's also a UK line called Cruise and Maritime and they do Round Britain trips but not just 7 nights.

If you're still at the stage of comparing and you really want to visit the places listed, a road trip sounds a better option. Is there any reason you've chosen these particular places?

The Fred Olsen cruise for 2017 looks a great itinerary and you would visit Kirkwall, Inverness and Skye. As Rosyth is one of the ports for Edinburgh you would get the chance to at least spend a little time there. However it's not being repeated in 2018 and as Ray66 said it's too early for 2019.

There are a couple of small lines which cruise the islands off the West Coast of Scotland but that wouldn't satisfy your desire to visit the cities. However you might like to look at Hebridean Princess and Majestic Lines. There's also a UK line called Cruise and Maritime and they do Round Britain trips but not just 7 nights.

If you're still at the stage of comparing and you really want to visit the places listed, a road trip sounds a better option. Is there any reason you've chosen these particular places?

I want to do Edinburgh and DH's family is from Glasgow so those both go on the list. I really want to see something in the north (or Isle of Skye) and those ports both offered excursions I thought were interesting.

I'd agree a road trip might be best, however we are both big city people and neither of us drive! Crazy as that sounds we have never had the need, except occasionally while traveling, and that doesn't seem like enough reason to get a licence. Plus if we only drive one time a year, we are probably safer NOT driving once a year and finding a way to work around it!

If we end up doing a land vacation we will do some combination of rail and tours.

I will check out those other lines!