Baltimore departure questions

Cruisin'4Us

We will be driving East on I-70 to the Port of Baltimore for an upcoming cruise on April 17th. The 17th is the Monday after Easter Sunday. (I read that this is the last cruise before the Grandeur dry dock, but the timing of this cruise worked out well for us.)

Is the parking procedure: drop off luggage, pay attendant upon parking lot entry (Mastercard/Visa ok?), park car, walk to terminal with carry-on bags?

What is the earliest time that you would suggest getting to the port (we like to arrive early) and what is the "typical" boarding time (assuming no delays that are out of the ordinary.)

Are the following directions good, or would you suggest any changes based on traffic, construction, date, time, etc. How well does GPS routing do to get to the Port (we typically use Waze and Garmin.)

South Locust Point Cruise Terminal

2001 East McComas Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

Traveling from points West:

Follow I-70 East toward Baltimore.

Merge onto I-695 South (Baltimore Beltway) via Exit 91A.

Travel 5.2 miles and merge onto I-95 North via Exit 11A.

Travel I-95 North for approximately 4.9 miles to Exit 55, Key Highway.

Once you exit stay straight for approximately .08 miles on East McComas Street.

Cruise Maryland’s Terminal entrance is on the right.

Thank you!

Directions are good.

We also like to arrive early. Last time we arrived around 10:30. People were still coming off the boat. We met some of our fellow cruisers and the time went quickly. We were on board shortly after noon.

We cruise from Baltimore frequently. Nice and easy port. It isn't uncommon for boarding to start between 10:45 and 11. Port opens for check in about 9 am but since we don't park at the pier I'm not sure what time they start allowing cars on the lot.

We will be driving East on I-70 to the Port of Baltimore for an upcoming cruise on April 17th. The 17th is the Monday after Easter Sunday. (I read that this is the last cruise before the Grandeur dry dock' date=' but the timing of this cruise worked out well for us.)

Is the parking procedure: drop off luggage, pay attendant upon parking lot entry (Mastercard/Visa ok?), park car, walk to terminal with carry-on bags?

What is the earliest time that you would suggest getting to the port (we like to arrive early) and what is the "typical" boarding time (assuming no delays that are out of the ordinary.)

Are the following directions good, or would you suggest any changes based on traffic, construction, date, time, etc. How well does GPS routing do to get to the Port (we typically use Waze and Garmin.)

South Locust Point Cruise Terminal

2001 East McComas Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

Traveling from points West:

Follow I-70 East toward Baltimore.

Merge onto I-695 South (Baltimore Beltway) via Exit 91A.

Travel 5.2 miles and merge onto I-95 North via Exit 11A.

Travel I-95 North for approximately 4.9 miles to Exit 55, Key Highway.

Once you exit stay straight for approximately .08 miles on East McComas Street.

Cruise Maryland’s Terminal entrance is on the right.

Thank you![/quote']

I'm sailing on the Grandeur on March 18.

The directions are fine. When you get to the terminal, which will be on your right, you pull up and an attendant comes out asks a few questions then tells you to travel around to your right. They will take your luggage first, then follow the directions and you pay for parking, Master/ Visa ok, then turn left go in front of the terminal and the parking will be right in front of you. Someone will be there to assist as to where to park. Then take your carry on's into the terminal.

I usually arrive around 10:30 AM and generally you can board around 11 or a little thereafter.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Reeve

Just a heads,up after you get off Highway and approach the cruise terminal the Maryland Transportation Police will welcome you to Baltimore with a speeding ticket if you are driving over the speed limit.

They also in force seat belts and driving talking on cell phones while driving

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Using the directions in my original post (#1)' date=' will we have any tolls?

Unfortunately, MdTA doesn't show a detailed map on their web site showing the location of toll booths.

Thank you![/quote']

no tolls.

But be aware and don't miss the exit if you do then you have a double toll as you will go into Ft. McHenry tunnel and turn around after you get out of it and use it again

Also, if you can, bring cash for the parking in the exact amount. Gets you through the line much quicker than waiting in line while they approve all the credit card transactions. That is if the credit system is working properly. If it isn't who knows.

Thank you Tony & Potstech.

Good idea to bring cash in case the parking line is long or the credit card machine is not working.

Just in case we miss the exit, is there an easy way to turn around when we get out of the tunnel? Should we be in the left or right lane to turn around? Also, is E-ZPass accepted for tunnel payment (and any other tolls we might come across if we make other stops)?

Thank you Tony & Potstech.

Good idea to bring cash in case the parking line is long or the credit card machine is not working.

Just in case we miss the exit' date=' is there an easy way to turn around when we get out of the tunnel? Should we be in the left or right lane to turn around? Also, is E-ZPass accepted for tunnel payment (and any other tolls we might come across if we make other stops)?[/quote']

if you miss the exit and must use the tunnel make sure you are in the far right lane. The exit is Keith Ave. which is about 100 yards past toll plaza.

When you get off you go to top of exit and do a u turn at light don't worry very little traffic to worry about.

When you u turn stay left towards Washington or 95 South. stay in far right lane and when you exit tunnel the exit is about 200 yards after you exit. Go to bottom of ramp and turn left then you are are cruise terminal

EZ Pass is accepted at all tolls in Maryland

Thank you Tony. Excellent directions!

How do we leave the port parking lot and get back onto 95 South (for our ride home)?

Gee to be honest I am not sure since I always come from the north and head to the north when I go home.

I am pretty sure there must be signage but I never really looked for it.

Thank you Tony. Excellent directions!

How do we leave the port parking lot and get back onto 95 South (for our ride home)?

So you had me curious and had to find out .I called over to my buddies working the Pride today and this is what they told me.

When you exit the cruise terminal parking lot you must go right (one way street ) you will loop around McComas St. and continue on there until you see the entrance for 95 south stay in the right lane

I know this sounds a little confusing but once you actually see it then it all becomes clear

Tony, wow, thank you! Based on your (and your buddies) directions, I pulled up the satellite image of the area. I see exactly what you are talking about. There is a "U" almost directly over the entrance to the tunnel and E McComas St runs along both sides of I-95. Thank you very much for all your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Having commuted that route for years, I can tell you that 70 usually backs up big time coming into 695 in the morning. However, that day being the day after Easter, traffic will likely be light. Schools are still out minimizing traffic even more.

I see you have received excellent directions and I just wanted to say we love Baltimore cruising. Boarding is so easy and swift, I have been sitting having a drink by 11am several times. we usually get there @ 10:30am and by the time you relax with first drink it's time for lunch. enjoy your cruise!

I see you have received excellent directions and I just wanted to say we love Baltimore cruising. Boarding is so easy and swift, I have been sitting having a drink by 11am several times. we usually get there @ 10:30am and by the time you relax with first drink it's time for lunch. enjoy your cruise!

Is there public transportation to the port if I come in on the train?

Having commuted that route for years, I can tell you that 70 usually backs up big time coming into 695 in the morning. However, that day being the day after Easter, traffic will likely be light. Schools are still out minimizing traffic even more.
Thank you for this info. About what time does this backup usually end?

Good to know! Where do you suggest eating lunch on embarkation day?