Berkeley

As a native San Franciscan who went to Cal, Go Bears, and who gets to both places on a regular basis, I would not put Berkeley on the upper part of a three day trip to the Bay Area. After SF, which should take more than three days to tour on its own I would suggest Marin with Muir Woods and Sausalito for a close in trip. Then of course would come the wine country which is world famed and easy either on your own or as a tour. Somewhat farther afield is Monterey and Carmel which would be a long day but fun as a single overnight.

As to SF you have Alcatraz, Chinatown, the Wharf, cable cars, the new MOMA as well as other world class museums and just places to sit and watch the flow.

• 3 weeks later...
As a native San Franciscan who went to Cal, Go Bears, and who gets to both places on a regular basis, I would not put Berkeley on the upper part of a three day trip to the Bay Area. After SF, which should take more than three days to tour on its own I would suggest Marin with Muir Woods and Sausalito for a close in trip. Then of course would come the wine country which is world famed and easy either on your own or as a tour. Somewhat farther afield is Monterey and Carmel which would be a long day but fun as a single overnight.

As to SF you have Alcatraz, Chinatown, the Wharf, cable cars, the new MOMA as well as other world class museums and just places to sit and watch the flow.

Well said! We only went there for a school visit ... but won't be going back anytime soon ;) There are too many other great places in the area to choose from. Even though the campus is nice, anywhere just off campus ... it's a bit shady ;(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

have to agree with the other alums. The campus is nice, but its not worth one of your three days in the Bay Area.

The south side of campus- Telegraph Ave is gritty and a dump. go Bears! but go elsewhere .