Capt's Club Tier Changes During Cruise?

It turns out, as luck would have it, that after just one day of an upcoming Celebrity cruise, we will have accumulated enough Captain's Club points to go up to the next tier. That will be a twelve- night cruise. Will the Captain's Club loyalty rep give us a new Sea Pass with the new tier level or must we sail the entire cruise at our present level regardless of accumulated points entitling us to the next tier? Just curious as to how this works.

It turns out, as luck would have it, that after just one day of an upcoming Celebrity cruise, we will have accumulated enough Captain's Club points to go up to the next tier. That will be a twelve- night cruise. Will the Captain's Club loyalty rep give us a new Sea Pass with the new tier level or must we sail the entire cruise at our present level regardless of accumulated points entitling us to the next tier? Just curious as to how this works.

officially you do not earn the points until the cruise is over, but it cannot hurt to ask.....

Steve

Close, but no cigar. You will need to complete your cruise before you advance to the next tier level.

OMG! I believe I would feel a trifle offended too. After all, we will have paid for the cruise and actually sailed that day that puts us into the next tier. I know there's no reasoning with them though.

The rules are clear - points accumulate at the end of a cruise. We flipped to a new level while on the first leg of a b2b and we did get the upgraded status on the second leg, but even that was not straightforward. Coordination with theCaptain's Club rep on board, etc.

Stan

The rules are clear - points accumulate at the end of a cruise. We flipped to a new level while on the first leg of a b2b and we did get the upgraded status on the second leg, but even that was not straightforward. Coordination with theCaptain's Club rep on board, etc.

Stan

I figured we could take a short cruise to get that day of sailing we need, but I checked and couldn't find any short cruises on Celebrity before our long cruise. Seven days is about as short as it gets on Celebrity in the Caribbean.

OMG! I believe I would feel a trifle offended too. After all, we will have paid for the cruise and actually sailed that day that puts us into the next tier. I know there's no reasoning with them though.

There is nothing to be offended about. Every other person has gone by the same rules.

Thank you for the quick responses. It might be worth it to take a quick little cruise before the twelve-nighter. Even three or four nights would do the trick.

We did just that, a 2 night Repositioning cruise, Amsterdam to Southampton to become Elite. I had never been to Amsterdam before, so it wasn't a wasted visit.

I believe it was worth it as on our next cruise, which was a 15 night Southern Caribbean on Eclipse, we were eligible for:

Elite breakfast

3 vouchers each night for free drinks between 5-7 ( no included Classic package on that cruise)

90 minutes free internet

2 bags free laundry

Preferential embarkation / tender

At that time the Tender was very important to me, as we had waited 3 hrs to get off the ship in Split, so I didn't want that to ever happen again.

There is nothing to be offended about. Every other person has gone by the same rules.

So true. There is really nothing unusual here.

The odds are that most passengers reach the points required for the next tier before the end of their qualifying cruise.

But Captain's Club points are not updated and officially applied to our accounts until after the cruise ends.

It would be poor policy to make an exception for any individual.

Then the thousands of other passengers who needed to wait until the end of their cruise to get their tier upgrades applied would have the right to feel offended that no exception was made for them. :(

We did just that, a 2 night Repositioning cruise, Amsterdam to Southampton to become Elite. I had never been to Amsterdam before, so it wasn't a wasted visit.

I believe it was worth it as on our next cruise, which was a 15 night Southern Caribbean on Eclipse, we were eligible for:

Elite breakfast

3 vouchers each night for free drinks between 5-7 ( no included Classic package on that cruise)

90 minutes free internet

2 bags free laundry

Preferential embarkation / tender

At that time the Tender was very important to me, as we had waited 3 hrs to get off the ship in Split, so I didn't want that to ever happen again.

The Elite perks are attractive, but we are Elite now. We will be going to Elite Plus. Hubby likes the additional internet we would get. Waiting for a tender boat is very frustrating, isn't it. You feel as if your vacation day is just slipping away. That happened to us one time at Grand Cayman, followed by a long wait to get back to the ship on the tender.

What some people don't realize is that you get priority tickets to get on the tender going to shore -- but coming back to the ship you wait in the same lines as everyone else -- I've heard people ask "where is the 'elite line' for returning to the ship? and they got upset that there isn't one <smile>

Well how does it work when traveling on a back to back cruise. I have two 7 days booked in March 2018 and upon the conclusion of the first 7 day cruise I move to Elite Plus. I know it can take several days for the points to post, but can something be done to immediately recognize the Elite Plus for the second cruise?

Well how does it work when traveling on a back to back cruise. I have two 7 days booked in March 2018 and upon the conclusion of the first 7 day cruise I move to Elite Plus. I know it can take several days for the points to post, but can something be done to immediately recognize the Elite Plus for the second cruise?

As the poster stated above, go and see the Captain's Club Host and they will sort for you. It's a different scenario as you will have completed the first cruise enabling you to gain the required points.

See post # 7 above...

They usually have a few short ones to KW/ Cozumel....or Bahamas..worth it to move up ahead in levels..

The point calculations are done stateside..takes a short time after the cruise for them to log points earned & to see them added.

Do not know about back to back..

As the poster stated above, go and see the Captain's Club Host and they will sort for you. It's a different scenario as you will have completed the first cruise enabling you to gain the required points.

Go see the Captain's Club host(ess) on the first cruise so the or she can take care of it for the second cruise.

To the OP, if you think about it, virtually everyone acquires the points needed to move up sotime during a cruise. It would be a rare thing to acquire the final points needed on the last day of a cruise. Some might get their needed points on day 1, some on day 2, Etc. But the points aren't registered u til the end of the cruise.

This normally takes a week, but if you are back to back, the Captains Club staff can expedite it for you

See post # 7 above...

Perfect, thanks.

To the OP, if you think about it, virtually everyone acquires the points needed to move up sotime during a cruise. It would be a rare thing to acquire the final points needed on the last day of a cruise. Some might get their needed points on day 1, some on day 2, Etc. But the points aren't registered u til the end of the cruise.

This normally takes a week, but if you are back to back, the Captains Club staff can expedite it for you

I see you and the others here are correct. The onus is on me to schedule a short cruise so we can be Elite Plus by the longer one. Another way would be to book a higher class of cabin so we can get more points for our next cruise instead of scheduling yet another cruise, not always easy to do with obligations at home. Or...just go with the flow and get to Elite Plus whenever.

I see you and the others here are correct. The onus is on me to schedule a short cruise so we can be Elite Plus by the longer one. Another way would be to book a higher class of cabin so we can get more points for our next cruise instead of scheduling yet another cruise, not always easy to do with obligations at home. Or...just go with the flow and get to Elite Plus whenever.

It looks like you are in a win, win situation....the option of squeezing in another cruise or having a room upgrade both with the excuse they are saving you money!!!